SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive herad that a g20 ecu put in a 200 wil make it redline at 7500 and the top speed isnt 109. Is this true??? I need some light shed on this subject . thanks

·
SE-R Bastard
938 Posts
You are correct. Seems you be a nice cheap upgrade & someone will buy your ECU so it will be very cheap. Not sure which G20 years work though.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
G20 ECUs from 1994-1996 should work. I know for sure the 94 ECU *will*work.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Andreas Miko has a couple right now ready to be sold. PM him or email him. He's askin $100.

·
Registered
153 Posts
who has one for sale?... does this ecu help any accel or power.. or just gives no governer and a higher redline? since i cant find one for my 98.. will this one work.. ? im gonna go for a ecu from sr20de development ,, but i havent even called and im sure its much more $... oh and will this ecu be ok for the smog checks or will it **** it all up...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
ser20de said:
who has one for sale?... does this ecu help any accel or power.. or just gives no governer and a higher redline? since i cant find one for my 98.. will this one work.. ? im gonna go for a ecu from sr20de development ,, but i havent even called and im sure its much more $... oh and will this ecu be ok for the smog checks or will it **** it all up...

LOL, I should just put this info in my sig line :)

The G20 ECU does NOTHING but remove the speed governor and raise the rev limit to 7500rpms. Nothing else!!! I have no idea about smog checks. Just keep your 98 ECU and swap it when you get it inspected or smogged or whatever. Simple.

·
Registered
153 Posts
[

The G20 ECU does NOTHING but remove the speed governor and raise the rev limit to 7500rpms. Nothing else!!! I have no idea about smog checks. Just keep your 98 ECU and swap it when you get it inspected or smogged or whatever. Simple. [/B][/QUOTE]
can i get one at the nissan dealership.. or is there somewhere cheaper..? theres been a few people ive noticed that are kinda engine smart... do u know how to put it in and trade the chips out... ? im pretty retarted when it comes to elecs on engines.. im thinkin about gettin one just temp.. to raise the limits on it.. and who has them for a hundred$$$$????????

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think I speak for everybody taking a look at this thread in the next couple days when i say.......Man, you have got to be one of the dumbest people on this board. Every single question you just asked in your last 10 or so replies was answered in an earlier reply. Hukt one fonikz did nut wurk fer U!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man dont go to the dealership to get the ecu they will rape u on the price...ima try and get mine from a junk yard and pull it out my self:D

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Don't go to the dealer. You will get ripped off. Go to a junkyard and/or check the For Sale forum and the SE-R.net classifieds.

As far as swapping the ECU out, it's easy, its located in the center of the car in the front kind of behind and below where the radio goes...you remove the plastic panels on each side, and then unbolt the 2 I think 10mm bolts holding the ecu in place, remove it from it's tray with its screws, and then theres 1 main bolt holding the wiring harness in. Just undo that and put it in the new ECU, and make it snug. Thats about it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
RPWSER said:
I think I speak for everybody taking a look at this thread in the next couple days when i say.......Man, you have got to be one of the dumbest people on this board. Every single question you just asked in your last 10 or so replies was answered in an earlier reply. Hukt one fonikz did nut wurk fer U!!!!
if u say so.. we cant all be the " greatest man alive" :eek: sorry.. if my posts bother u sooo much, you don't have to read them..i thought that this might be the place to learn about stuff on cars. since it is a forum about cars and all...and what last ten posts are u talking about ? my header questions? people are pretty vague in some posts so i just wanna make sure i know what i need to b4 i go buy somethin..thanx for the info for those who helped...ill make sure not to ask any more stupid questions, cuz we all know how many of us are experts at everything..:rolleyes:

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
it sounds like a good upgrade. I might try it. I am always hitting that rev limiter in first, and second... esp if I spin the wheels. Just to have that extra headroom would make it worth it for me. If your low port has a few bolt-ons it will be breathing well on the high end too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts