SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard of the 200SX guys gettin these ECUs for their cars just wondering if there would be an improvement for the B13.

Theres 2 at the local junkyard... Ones off a really clean 95' G20 auto. and the other is off a 93' G20 Manual. the auto on is allready off and i got it, but the 5speed has a bunch of **** on the car so itll probably get it when the weather clears up.

any info?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh... oh well guess ill try to sell it on the classiefieds then, thanx

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
IIRC G20 ECU's have no speed limit. So that might be an advantage. Other than than '93 is no use to anyone OBDI or II.

I believe the '95 is an OBDII unit, and the only use is to sell it to someone. It will work with manual tranny, but gives CEL, no other problems though. Sell it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sentrase00 said:
how much for the ecu?
which one would you like??? the one off the 95 G20 MT or do u need the '93 5speed. Ill let the AT one go cheap since i got cheap but i might sell as a bundle with a highport cam that came off my '92 when i did the swap. either that or trade.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Bennitto Mallito said:
IIRC G20 ECU's have no speed limit. So that might be an advantage. Other than than '93 is no use to anyone OBDI or II.

I believe the '95 is an OBDII unit, and the only use is to sell it to someone. It will work with manual tranny, but gives CEL, no other problems though. Sell it.

I'll help out a little. :)

The OBD-II G20 ECUs (other than the RR ones) have the 7500 redline and no speed limiter, therefore being a hot item for those who own 200SX SE-Rs and Sentra SE-Ls.

All OBD-I SR20DE equipped cars have those settings from the factory, therefore meaning that we don't need them. Not only that, the OBD-II ECUs won't work on our harnesses as the connectors are different. So there really is not point for those who own '91 - '93 NXs, '90 - '93 G20s and '91 - '94 SE-Rs to get the ECU in question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts