SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had some gears from a G20 shotpeened and cryo'd and then put into my case with the stock differential... I noticed that (with JWT ECU) I could only do 100 in 3rd... I drove it maybe 100 miles, then stuff broke, chunked etc.. I took the tranny back to the place that did the work and did not crack the case however when looking into the plugs I did notice the differential has some serious problems, and with the amount of shavings it's very likely the gears are gone as well... does anyone know for sure if the G20 final drive will work with the SE-R Differential? Are the diffs the same? I won't find out what the shop is going to do about it until Monday (when he gets back from laguna seca... that focker is out playing while my car sits here for another couple weeks hehe).

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Hmmm... curious question... I would think the diffs would be the same. Would be a LOT more expensive to make two different diffs for similar cars than different final drives. I dunno man.

Now I'm scared that I'm not going to put my tranny back together properly and break it. Naji reports he also broke third gear with a Quaife in it.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts