SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO flaming!

My friend wants either a 1993 NX2000 or a 1992 G20 to be his pet project car for mods and such.

What would you suggest to him.

SAM

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Classic SE-R Aztec Red

1991 Classic SE-R --Passed Away When Timing Chain Snapped 360,000 miles --

Valve went right through the piston CRY

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Tell him to buy a Classic
. If not I guess the NX would be my route! They are bad ass cars!

Red 92 Classic
-----------------
With Throttle in a Bottle!

[This message has been edited by SE-Rican (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
I would say get the G20. There is nothing better then seeing a nice looking G20. Plus you get to say you drive a Infiniti

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What's he gonna do with it?

I've heard that the G20 has the best suspension and is the best handling SR20 car (in the US) so if it's gonna be a track slut he might do better with that. Although parts are harder to get for that car..

In fact for pimpin around town the G20 would work better too.. I like the style of that car better than the NX.

For autocross I think the NX would do better, it's classed better IIRC and I'm hoping mine will be a contender in STS this year.

Comes down to personal preference I guess.. I have an NX and love it but I'm pretty sure I'd love a G20 just as much.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TalkingEAR:
NO flaming!

My friend wants either a 1993 NX2000 or a 1992 G20 to be his pet project car for mods and such.

What would you suggest to him.

SAM

</font>
G20

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know but i just looked at a 91 g20 yesterday and i would be more than happy to take a closer look at it.
it was:
91 g20 charcoal
57000 miles
sunroof
looked clean
they are asking 5995

let me know

G

·
0 Posts
I'm the friend with the new fling to mod a car. My current (and main car) is a (hold your breath) 2001 Toyota Avalon XLS...so I want a "fun car" to mod and tinker with...I'm leaning towards the G20, since that seems to look nicer and be more mod-worthy, despite the NX handling better and weighing less. What are the differences in model years? I'm looking at a 96 for 7,500 that has caught my eye.

[This message has been edited by Peckerwood (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wouldn't presume the NX2000 handles better. I am no expert, but in the course of modding my G20 I have encountered plenty of folks who think a modded G20 is the best handling SR20DE car in the US. And if you go the adjustable route (like AGX/Ground Controls), you can have a car which is fun to drive TO and FROM the track too.
Personally, I think a red NX2000 looks more sporty, and since you already have a sedan.... I don't mind my beige 4 door so much since it seems to repel speeding tickets pretty well (that or the two kid seats in back).

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like the NX. Its smaller, lighter, sportier. I posted a similar debate awhile back, comparing handling, and it seems there's no clear consensus on whether the NX or G20 handles better. I assume though that the NX would be better for straightline speed.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts