SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my interest to the G20 message board at this site regarding a replacement front axle for my car. Can someone here tell me whats the deal with purchasing a remanufactured axle for the G20/P10? It seems like the problem is no body carries them or is able to locate an axle for my car except for the dealer at $400.00 per side. I have taken my car to different places to have my axle replaced they would say "Sure we could replace that, we just need to order it". The axle arrives, wrong part? One place even says my car can't have
LSD because it's front wheel drive? I was told by Gator that these axles particularly for an automatic are extremely rare and hard to find. (w/LSD/ABS/AUTOMATIC TRANS. If someone knows where I could find one for less than dealer cost or if you know a discount Infiniti parts store or site please let me know. Nigel/95G20t/Auto/Black/Stillen Header/S3Cams/JWT ECU/...........THANX!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Do you know the part number for the correct axle? Or what kinds of things need to be looked at to determine that it is right for your car?

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
didnt hear that the axles were different for the auto. Good thing i havent went to replace mine yet. will have to ask around. Dont know why finding an axle for a g would be that hard, it was more commonly avalible with autos...

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
i was looking for the axle for your car...anything after 92 was listed as no lsd...but its the same part number as the lsd equiped from 91-92...i not sure bout that but i called up an axle shop and they said they are gonna get it in....best thing to do is maybe send it over to driveshafts.com and get them to rebuild it for 75.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and ordered a new one from Infiniti/Scottsdale, along with the front wheel bearing.They cost me $303.00 (Drivers side only)and the bearing was $32.00. I tell ya, this axle **** is a bitch. A messed up axle can definitely give your car a hoopty like feeling. My cars alighnment is straight, but my car roars at the front axle. This time I've had with this axle repair was not expected. I hope you G20 owners understand it's times like this that I wished I had a 95/200sx/SER (parts are easier to find) or the BMW 330 CI (The M3's Little Sister).That will be my next ride.

Nigel/paradyme

1 - 5 of 5 Posts