SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up people, I was wondering does any one know the front rotor diameter for the 91 through 96 G20's. I should know the answer, being I've replaced my front rotors once since I've owned my car. I'm curious because I have notice the 99 and up models has stock 11inch front rotors, And I have been thinking of doing the B13 brake upgrade which has 10inch but I'm pretty sure the NX rotors are thicker, But if my 95 has 10inch front rotors maybe I won't have to cut off my dust shields.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paradyme:
What's up people, I was wondering does any one know the front rotor diameter for the 91 through 96 G20's.</font>
I've been told that they're 10.4" vented front rotors on the P10 G20. The SE-R mailing list archives back up what I've been told, as well.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I should know the answer, being I've replaced my front rotors once since I've owned my car. I'm curious because I have notice the 99 and up models has stock 11inch front rotors, And I have been thinking of doing the B13 brake upgrade which has 10inch but I'm pretty sure the NX rotors are thicker, But if my 95 has 10inch front rotors maybe I won't have to cut off my dust shields.
May I ask what car you're driving? If you own a Sentra/200SX/NX then the G20 brakes are not a direct swap (4x100 bolt pattern vs. 4x114.3.) The B13(NX2k) brake upgrade has 10.1" rotors, and I believe they're around 1" thick.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
stuff, stuff, and still needs stuff...

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 12-31-2000).]

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 95 G20t/auto, and I have been told that the NX/2000 brake upgrade should fit? but my sources may be wrong? I have yet to meet someone with this upgrade on a G20, But in lots of different articles or How To's no one has ever excluded the G20 as being a car you could not perform this upgrade on. Hmmmmmmm?
I'll need to look into this a little further.
Hey if you can find out for sure let me know.

95G20t/auto Stillen intake and header JWT ecu and cams Greddy exhaust 99'G20 15inch Stock Rims and Tires.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have a 95 G20t/auto, and I have been told that the NX/2000 brake upgrade should fit? but my sources may be wrong? I have yet to meet someone with this upgrade on a G20, But in lots of different articles or How To's no one has ever excluded the G20 as being a car you could not perform this upgrade on. Hmmmmmmm?</font>
I won't say that the NX2k brakes WILL NOT fit on the G20, however, I do not know of anyone who has done it. I see no point to doing it. The G20 rotors are already bigger. The problem here lies in the bolt pattern. The NX2000 has the 4x100 bolt pattern, while the G20 has the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. The wheels aren't even interchangeable. You're better off trying the P11 G20 brakes or with a little modification, the 300ZX brakes. I know of a few people who have done 300ZX brakes on a G20.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANX!...for the advice. But there is a major difference in break performance between the two cars (NX2000/G20/P10). I think the calipers are what makes the difference here, I'm on my second set, and your point is valid. When I do this upgrade I'm doing fronts and rears, including SS brake lines, and some times I really wish I didn't have ABS. It tends to make my car slide unnecessaryly. I've had some scary STOPS. My future mods will also include UR pullies SS set, Strut tower brace, rear axle tie bar,AGX/HKS suspension and a Random Tech Cat. I'm waiting on OEM replacement mounts. Should be here any day.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
THANX!...for the advice. But there is a major difference in break performance between the two cars (NX2000/G20/P10). I think the calipers are what makes the difference here,</font>
The calipers on the NX2000 are pretty hefty for stock brakes on a small car. I have them on my car as well. Your perception of different braking performance between the two cars (NX2000/G20) could also be contributed by the weight difference between the cars. The G20 is over 200lbs heavier than the NX2000, thereby needing more brake to stop the same distance as the NX2000. Though, it has been said that the NX2000 is the better braking car compared to the other SR20-powered cars here in the U.S.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm on my second set, and your point is valid. When I do this upgrade I'm doing fronts and rears, including SS brake lines</font>
Good luck on whatever upgrade you do. Keep us (the board) updated!

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
stuff, stuff, and stuff...

P.S. Here's a link to a site with a G20 using 300ZX brakes. http://www.conecrazy.com/project-g20/brakes.html

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 01-01-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts