SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the local dragstrip here in alaska its the first time i have ever run my 96 G20 in a stright line for time .a guy on base with a 91 accord has been talking too much trash. any tips? im thinking of running 15 psi in the front tires launching at 3400rpm and shifting at 6800 rpm.. anything i can do to keep from makeing a pile of clutch material this weekend?im not really into drag raceing (love scca solo but no scca up here).thankx for any imput

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
No SCCA...that sucks..

what pressure were you running? I was gonna suggest 25F/40R just for drag racing...not use about the launch Rpm but 3400RPM sounds good... Hope you can shut the accord guy up.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
A 91 Accord need not be talking trash unless he's done a B18 swap or something. I destroyed a mid 90s Accord with bolt ons by about 1.5 seconds last time at the strip. It was ugly.

If your car is stock, expect about 15.5 at best if you have a 5 speed. The Accord will be 16.0+.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the accord is bone stock . has a cold air intake on its shoc four with a very tacky unpainted plastic scoop on the hood (a waste of a expensive mystic blue green paint job). no vetec and a aftermarket muffler with one of the tips that a basketball will fit thru . haveing no scca does suck i use to be a member of the cfr region in florida (still am) we ran a f440 in DM which i think is something else now.gonna feel weird not needing to brake hard after takeing 3rd gear...

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
What were the results of the day at the strip? I hope you showed that Accord his daddy.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we got rained out . the strip was waaay to wet to do anything .its raining really bad tonight so im thinking we wont be doing anything this weekend either . well i guess its for the beatter id like to not burn out the clutch or anything . i want to save the car so when i get back to florida i can go auto crossing with it .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts