SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who cruise the other boards out there, you probably already know about this. As you see here, nissannews.com has announced the G20's replacement scheduled for next spring: The G35.

But what's most interesting to note, is that this G35 is acctualy the next generation Skyline sedan, a car which was unvieled in Japan yesterday (June 18th). The next G series will now break its connection with the SE-R family as it will be a 3.5L V6, much like the '02 Altima and '02 Maxima/I35.

Expect at least 240hp, as seen in the Altima. Other interesting tidbits is the platform will be shared with the next Z car and the next GT-R, it'll be RWD, and have a 52/48 balance. A full multi-link suspension setup produces what Nissan claims to be the "best handling car it's ever produced."

Here are a buncha photos taken from Nissans website in Japan, these are all of the JDM car (Skyline) so don't be surprised when you see the RHD and the Nissan badges. You can view the whole presentation here, though it'll be in Japanese.

It'll still be Infiniti's entry-level car, but is expected to be classed with the IS300 and 3-series, so expcet a high 20s price tag.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Like the Z, it's an ugly, bloated design that insults the aesthetics of such Nissan standouts as the S15 Silvia and Z32 300ZX.

Like the Z, it promises to be an awesome performer for the money - RWD, powerful V6, and great handling.

Like so many new Nissans already out or on the way, I like the numbers but detest the looks. Still waiting for the R35 GT-R to see if it's easier on the eyes.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
You're crazy.

I can't imagine this mug getting any sportier or cooler in person:
http://auto.ascii24.com/auto24/issue/2001/0618/npr_kt0618_06_05.jpg
No trick of light or proportioning from a first-person stance could make up for the XVL's awkardly upright and dull lines.

On the Freshalloy.com forums, not being an oozingly praiseworthy follower of Nissan design is an invitation to a text-based beating. Nissan can do no wrong, and a critical review of a Nissan product is scandal. I say the new Z is bloated, derived, and oddly proportioned. Heretic!

More often than not, a car has flaws or it doesn't. The '02 Impreza's Neon/euro-Corolla nose looks as silly in real life as it does in pictures. No dealership visit necessary.

Nissan Design has developed an aesthetically questionable track record in the last couple of years. The Maxima and Sentra have ugly butts. The new Z is dorky and the B15 SE-R has a puggish, only-a-mother-could-love front bumper. And the R35 is dopey.

Disagree? Think of who created the lines of the S15 Silvia, 240Z, Z32 300ZX, and R32-R34 GT-Rs, and then judge where the leash of judgement lies. Is this the same Nissan design house? Why settle for bland?

I don't have to see any more. I've already seen the Peugeot 406 Coupe, Alfa 156, BMW 3- and 5-series, and Volvo C70, so I know what automotive beauty for a similar platform looks like.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
LOL. Why does everyone ask that when I talk about Nissan styling?

What the problem here is that Nissan's core fanatics are automatically fawning all over whatever comes down the line, just when Nissan Design needs a swift kick in the ass. A Frontier bumper on the new SE-R is not cool, and Nissan isn't getting the message. Make it awesome, not truckish and ugly.

Nissan can make beautiful cars. They have before. Why not now?

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Classic SE-R:
Other interesting tidbits is the platform will be shared with the next Z car and the next GT-R</font>
Not a GT-R, but just a simple Skyline. GT-R is supposedly getting it's own model, branching off from the Skyline name.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nissan should borrow a stylist from BMW or something. They are just ruining car after car with this ugly rounded styling.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Argh... double post.

[This message has been edited by Yosho (edited 06-19-2001).]

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't know... lower it, give it a more agressive front bumper and grill. It should look very nice. You could certainly do things with that car... just use your imagination.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
It looks good. If you compare it to a lot of what's out there right now on the high end. The US one has the CVT right?

I see/drive alot of new cars, so I think I have an idea of what look they are trying to pull off. It definitely will fit in with the Lex's, and Audi's coming in to the country club I work at.

Yeah and my friend said GM bought Nissan. He insists that its them not Renault. Can somebody assure me that's wrong so I can tell him to go soak his head.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I dunno bout this one guys... I've already seen this and its just to beefy for me. It donest have the true design of a Nissan. But all you guys gotta remember or if you dont know. Renault had taken over part of Nissan and you can tell by the car designs coiming out. I mean the interior of the cars are still tight and very nice. But the exterior isnt doin anything for me. But it is nice, but not one of those "badass, nice, tight, beautiful cares" Nissan usually makes.

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That looks very cool.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

1 - 20 of 20 Posts