SR20 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
its never 2 loud...
121 Posts
wow that car is awesome...def. keep us updated with that project!!

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Sept. 09 HOT ROD Photoshoot teaser... (RIP Engle Cams :()

-Jimmy

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
you have some rad projects going on! super jealous!

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
So I was washing some parts the other day and realized I needed something to lay all the clean parts onto. My dad had an old transmission table he used to use when we had the shop, but its long gone now. Luckily, the local restaurant supply store was having a blowout on stainless prep tables and I scored one for about $100...the extra toolbox came from a craigslist score. Works great and is at the perfect height!

I ended up moving the press finally utilized the space wasted above the jackstand collection too.

-Jimmy

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
- Very nice project.

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Those heads just got one port done by hand: 360cfm @ .700 inch lift. The rest of the ports will be CNC'd after they digitize, plot, and duplicate the hand ported runner. Awaiting Ti intake and exhaust valves from Victory. Pics to come...

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Wow, fifteen thousand views!

The beast at SEMA.

-Jimmy

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Happy holidays, everyone!! Just found another vid....

-Jimmy

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
I got sick of getting metal dust all over the shop, so I decided to make myself a mobile "griding" center for my 83 pound 1940-vintage Baldor bench grinder and the belt/disc sander.

I picked up some 1.5 square stock and some 2x3" .180 wall stock and went to town with my portaband and stuck the whole mess together for a simple "mayo stand" style cart.

I grabbed a sheet of 11 guage steel and temporarily placed what i wanted to put on top of the stand to see if it all would fit.

It looks like it will fit! And you can see that I started stripping the paint off the Mustang in the background...

So I just have to finish welding it up and probably hit it with a spraybomb. I'm thinking that I'll probably screw a powerstrip onto the leg and hang my sawzall and a pair of angle grinders on it to make it super handy. I picked up a cool vertical bandsaw mount for the portaband that should be coming in the mail next week. Pics to come later...

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Gonna need a vice on it if you're hooking up a sawzall or angle grinder. Better add another 2' to it... :D

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Already got a vise on the other big worktable, but I did find a way to keep the sawzall handy....

But something tells me that I can stop using the sawzall for everything now that i picked up this little gem to make my Portaband into a vertical bandsaw. This thing kicks ass so much, I should've gotten one a looooooooooong time ago.

You can get it from Swag Off-Road online and there's even a cool little youtube video on it...

·
Cheap Bastard
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Thanks to Brian Kono down at Afterhours Automotive for donating some home depot/ costco type shelving!

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Wow, that's way better than most of the vertical band saws that are that size. Alas, I'm still using the sawzall for cutting my pipe. It does work pretty good for that though, way better than a chop saw, IMO. How well does it do turning cuts?

181 - 200 of 208 Posts