SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i`d like to know if someone here got some experience with the above mentioned Turbos ? Especially in terms of the A/R Size. (63, 86, 1.02)

I first got a GT2871R with a 64 A/R but i`ll need definetely some more Power (goal is around 450 bhp or even a bit more), since i`m using the car especially on the track.

A friend of mine is selling a GT3071R and a GT3082R (both with the 0.63 AR) for a reasonable price, but i`m not sure which turbo will meet my expectations.

The GT3071R should be enough for my bhp Target (i guess?) and i guess it`ll spool up pretty quick. Or should i go for the even bigger (and laggier) GT3082R ?

The GT3071R has a internal wastegate, are there any problems with that ? Heard some stories about boost creep ... The 82R has en external WG.

My SR (264 cams, full internals, rebuilt valve train) is not stroked and i`m not planning to do it.

Full Boost @ aprox. 4000 rpm would satisfy me, i think the 82R needs even more rpm ?

Sorry for the Newb questions, i only ran the stock T25, T28 and until now the GT2871R.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
the 3071 should be full boost by 4k, it probably would be a better choice since you wont have to change everything else.. it should be drop in replacement for the 2871 except for the inlet on the 3071 i think is larger

so sell me that other turbo =)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx 4 the Link.

Well, i`m from Germany ;) - Retail Price for a GT3071R here is around 1.350 €, that`s about 1830 US Dollar :eek2:

I would get it for 1050 € (and the 82R for 1.080€), so there would be no sense to sell it to anyone in the states, besides the fact that you have to pay extra duties and stuff when i`m sending a package to the States :D

Back 2 Topic

Í just saw this Dynosheet, looks really smooth with a wide powerband. Setup is nearly exactly like my engine.

I think I´ll go for the 3071R then :)

·
nothing but shenanigans
763 Posts
The 3071r is a great turbo, very smooth. Comes on fast and pulls hard all the way to redline. I have the t3/t4 drop in though with external wastegate, not the smaller frame size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn`t the spool up of the old GT3076R pretty bad compared to the 71R ? That`s what all the shops say ....

Whatever, i`ll go for the 71R.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
71R has smaller wheel and doesn't flow as much, so of course the larger wheel that flows more will have slower spool. I can say though, it spools wicked fast compared to all the T3/T04E and SC61 type setups I have been in.

Brent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts