SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Darwin Award Winner '02
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a u12 de-t this has never happened to me before personally! I just put some 555cc injectors in ran good for 2 days then sounded down a cylinder and backfiring. Well I added fuel via afc and it started smoking from the tailpipe. Needless to say I searched the forum, and found and fixed my problem. Oring slightly ripped and was allowing gas to fill the #4 Cylinder!

Anyway I have to change the oil. Is there a good procedure to follow? For as far as I know the bearings could be too far gone. I got about 10 miles and 10 minutes of idle on it before I figured it out. So in a last ditch effort to save whats in there I think I need at least 3-4 oil changes. But what I am not sure on is the interval and style.

example. 5 minutes of idle change oil, 5 minutes slight revving change again, 1 day light driving change oil, and then 1 day w/ slightly more aggressive driving and change again.

Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks guys
Ryan

·
Turbos 'bout to kick in!!
442 Posts
Im not exactually how you should go about doing it. I would do as many oil changes as you can possibly do. When you change it put about 3/4ths the amount of oil you would usually do. Also your going to have to replace your oil filter too. So instead I would just take it off and pour some gas down in there and get all that bad stuff out of there. Make sure that the filter is really dry when you put it back on. I wouldnt replace that untill you know you almost got all the gas out of the engine. Then once you add the oil just let it idle for about 5 mins with out revving it. Then change it.....I do this to my 4 wheeler all the time when I flip it and get it full of water. Just make sure to do a really good through clean job other wise your going to end up with the same problem that I had and have to replace your rings. I had gone too far with my car before I realized how I got the gas in the engine like that. Anyways hope this helps and good luck.

·
Darwin Award Winner '02
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input! Never had this happen so a shared experience helps a ton! Even though you feel like your doing the right thing you sometimes doubt yourself (well I do anyways LOL)

On a car that burns or leaks no oil it read a half quart over so to me thats alot of gas! So I am going to try 4 flushes of oil and try to be on my merry way after that! Granted I have another block here but I will try and save the one I got!

·
i smell that whore.
1,470 Posts
i changed mine twice, the first time i let it drain for a long ass time, and replaced the filter. let it idle, drove around a bit (30 miles or so). then i drained it again, like i regularly would, and didn't change the filter. my thought process was that with the oil draining out and the oil cap off, most of the gas that would be left would evaporate. i don't know if this is a correct assumption, but it make sense to me.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Drop the oil pan and you'll get it all out in one shot.

By the way - this is how much oil is left in the pan after draining it through drain hole.

C

·
i smell that whore.
1,470 Posts
/\/\ that is ridiculous!! i may have to pull my pan and see what mines looking like, i had the car sitting at a weird angle when i changed it last.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
ive washed my cylinders down on my turbo engine several times. First time was bad injector configuration, next was bad ignition configuration. Being how its a freshly built engine I am changing the oil every 50 miles and now every 100. (ive only got about 130 miles on it LOL. But basically, keep the oil changes coming. As long as there is considerably more oil than fuel left in there you should be ok.

Its a shitty feeling to smell gas when you drain your oil. I think Im the king (regretably) in that department LOL

·
Darwin Award Winner '02
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Idea Chris I never thought about that and it would only be a little bit more work! thanks Guys!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Glad to help. Spend a few bucks extra and buy the Permatex Ultra Grey in an aerosol can, It's called The Right Stuff (for Imports). Look how sweet this is, you could NEVER get a bead like this out of a squeeze tube. Lots more pictures here.

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Glad to help. Spend a few bucks extra and buy the Permatex Ultra Grey in an aerosol can, It's called The Right Stuff (for Imports). Look how sweet this is, you could NEVER get a bead like this out of a squeeze tube. Lots more pictures here.

like a pro!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts