SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud father of two
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this board, but i've been reading it forever. I thought I would share something with the board. I picked my b13 se-r in august and have never seen the gas light come on until last night. For those of you who have never seen the mythilogical light, it is orange and fades in and out until it fully registers. When I went to the gas station, it took 9.8 gal. I just thought I would share this occurance. Next time I will take a pic. It was weird, trust me.

Has anyone else seen this thing?

·
Z28=mullett
493 Posts
yes, I almost always see the light for a day or so before i fill up, and it takes anywhere from 10-11.5 gallons typically. also, my gas gauge is horribly inaccurate, sometimes reading empty after like 150 miles, while other times not showing empty until like 230 miles. go figure

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
i've had my car since march 2001, and i've never seen the light. i usually drive about 260-300 miles before filling up 9-10.5 gallons. i'm starting to think the light may not work :p

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
The in accurate gas gauge can be fixed by replacing the fuel sending unit . It is a common problem with the B13's.
There is a write up on SER.Net on how to fix it.
I can't remember the price on a new sending unit but I do remember saying, hell I can live with it.

I usually get 260-300 mpg before the gas light comes on...and usually put around 10-11 gallons in to fill her up.

Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts