SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I installed my JWT ECU last month, I've suspected I've gotten better mileage. But everytime I want to measure it, I've had the car loaded, or had some around town miles in it, so I could really compare highway miles with what I know I used to get. This weekend, with my Eclipse daily driver down for the count (busted ECU) I had to take the SE-R on a road trip to visit family.

Before the ECU, the best mileage I have EVER gotten was 30mpg. This weekend, I got 33.5 mpg with the Jim Wolf ECU.

So my Engineering mind went to work....

87 octane near my house goes for $1.519. 93 octane is $1.719. Looking at miles per dollar, I get 19.5 mpd with the JWT ECU and 93 octane and 19.75 mpd with the stock ECU and 87 octane.

But when will the two be equal? Assuming 93 octane is always 20 cents/gallon higher than 87 octane, when the price of 87 octane reaches 1.719 and 93 octane is $1.919, I will spend the same amount of money on gas no matter which ECU I use. As the price of gas goes up, I SAVE MONEY by using 93 octane and the JWT ECU.

Something to think about for those of you in CA, or wherever the price of gas is now outrageous.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
466 Posts
On the way to the convention, I wa able to sqeeze almost 400 miles on a tank of gas. The light wasn't on yet, but when I would go up hills, it would come on for a second or two. We were in the middle of nowhere, so I didn't want to get stuck. When I filled up, it took 10 gallons, so I got just under 40mpg. This was the best I have ever gotten in this car. This was with my JWT ECU also.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts