SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my NX2K running recently, and im getting horrible mileage!!! my last tank got around 180 miles on 92 oct, and now on 89 oct im heading for around 190 or so. I dont romp on it too bad, but i do let it warm up in the morning, what are your cars doing? My brothers 92 sentra se-r is completely stock and its only getting around 200 miles to the tank. Are my 17" wheels a factor in this at all? i only have a pop charger performance wise.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
MY mileage varies from 260-290 nomatter what I do.
Just try and except it. There is no cure.

"take that you SR20 you"

·
Registered
723 Posts
in the summer when i acquired i would get ~26 no matter what!! and i drive very prudently. thats fill up after fill up. now with a cone filter, 17* timing, and 93 octane gas i get 29mph regular driving and 27mph if i beat it up.

my maf voltage and o2 sensor is good. yours probably need a'replacing

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I wish they'd just use
"per tank" figures.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I get between 250-300 on a tank, but I seriously beat my car. It usually calculates out to around 22-25mpg. I havn't tried to granny it for a tank, but when my brother had the car before me, he got around 35mpg on a couple of tanks when he was poor and weakballed it to save $$

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey PlanoSER I know you don't granny your car! Goin to K.C. a couple weeks ago I got about 30 mpg at 75-80 mph. Around 3700-3900 rpm with the cruse on...........james:cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
How do you know your per-tank mileage? You mean you all have functional gas gauge sending units!? And you drive classics!? Huh. I just set my odo and refill at 200 miles. Makes it easy to calculate :). Anyway, I'm getting around 23-24 lately, 90% short trip in-town driving, shifting around 3500. I think I need an 02 pretty soon.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I get about 270 miles per tank.

How do I know?

Cause every time I fill it up, I drive it untill I run out of gas, and then my girlfriend comes to pick me up so we can get some gas and put it in my car. A small price to pay for knowing how many miles per tank my car gets.

Alternatively, I could just divide the number of miles I drove by the amount of fuel I used. But, of course, that is too difficult.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I get about 240-260 then that stupid little light starts to come on.
how much reserve is left after the light?:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
i can usually get about 40-50 miles after the light comes on
But dont push it coz u'll run out, as i found out when I wanted to use nx2kPA's method for calculating gas mileage :p

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mike sr20de said:
I get about 240-260 then that stupid little light starts to come on.
how much reserve is left after the light?:confused:
well my if i fill when my light cmoes on i usually put on 11.5gal

the maximum capacity is 13.2... so thats about ~1.7gal left x 25mpg = 40 miles

·
Registered
202 Posts
I usually get at least 260-300 miles per tank around town, and over 400 miles per tank pure highway. I run 93 octane and still have the original O2 sensor (I've been meaning to replace that). My car ('94 SE-R)has 182,000 miles on it.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
I drive mostly highway with a moderate heavy foot compared to you guys i think.. In warm weather usually without AC i went 300miles on 10gallons like clockwork all summer. Now its cold i'm going like 265-270 on 10gallons which is not a good trend.

My gauge works great..

Here's my issue:: on a 1/4 then engine dies in corners.. ??????

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I would check the plugs, cap and rotor, the oxygen sensor, and the timing.

-saaby

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I usually get about 270 to 300 miles til the little light comes on, and my light come on at 10.2 gallons, so i suppose i have 3 gallons left to spare given the 13.2 gallon capacity....i usually shift at 3k.....to answer the question though, definately change ur spark plugs, cap and rotor and change ur o2 sensor. Try to get the ngk o2 sensor though, bosch has rubbed me the wrong way so im not crazy about there products anymore. NGK all the way!! :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Andy92RubyClassic said:
I drive mostly highway with a moderate heavy foot compared to you guys i think.. In warm weather usually without AC i went 300miles on 10gallons like clockwork all summer. Now its cold i'm going like 265-270 on 10gallons which is not a good trend.

My gauge works great..

Here's my issue:: on a 1/4 then engine dies in corners.. ??????
I have the same problem, i fill up at 8-10 gallons...otherwise my car dies in turns...it used be 10 but not i can get past 8.5 gallons. Someone metioned the baffle being messed up but when i changed the pump it looked fine. I need help on this cause now that im turbo i fill up every 140-160mi.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
SucKit said:

I have the same problem, i fill up at 8-10 gallons...otherwise my car dies in turns...it used be 10 but not i can get past 8.5 gallons. Someone metioned the baffle being messed up but when i changed the pump it looked fine. I need help on this cause now that im turbo i fill up every 140-160mi.
I'm not alone here.. I thought was the only one.. Well last night i picked up a new gas cap and then filled the tank.. My old cap didn't maintain a pressure seal. I don't think the cap is the problem though.. My pump was changed under recall.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a new O2 sensor, cap and rotor, plugs, and wires!!!!
And my maf tested just fine, whats up!?? you guys are getting way better mileage than me!!!! Is it possibly the jdm engine?
and should i need a tune up already, they just put in the engine about 250 miles ago!! Those tsw VX-1's are pretty damn heavy wheels, a factor maybe?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts