SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding a easy spot to run wiring for my gauge sensors. Where does everyone run the wiring through the firewall on the b14?

·
chi-town ser
658 Posts
I ran my 4 gauge amp wire to the left of my steering column. Be careful of the brake lines are right there. Go to far and you will be buying new lines. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have an NX, but I just cut a hole through the rubber surrounding the throttle cable to run subwoofer wiring. That works, just put silicone on it to seal it back up.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
I considered a three choices.

1) Drill a new hole in the firewall, install a grommet of the appropriate size (figure this out before dilling the hole) and slide the gauge wires through there. Be very careful where you are dilling if you use this method. It's too easy to drill into something that won't like being drilled into ($$$$).

2) Put a hole in an existing grommet and pull the wires through the hole. This can be difficule if you don't actually drill a hole in the grommet.

3) What I did was to run the wires through the same grommet as the ECU wiring harness. I retaped around the harness inside and out, but it made for a clean path.

Also, I suggest going through the firewall on the passenger side. First of all there is less clutter, and secondly, it puts the wires on the side of the car where all the hook-ups will go.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
fender harness works awesome. i have 0awg ran through it no problem

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
zeno said:
I found the hole that runs through the fender. I'm going to go that route. Thanks for the help.
That is the best way, also there is a hole that enters the fender well directly to the right of the master cyl. You will see it once you remove the fender well liner. I ran most of the wiring through there.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I just installed my gauges a few weeks ago. I investigated several ways to run the wires. I ended up using the wiring harness one in the ds fenderwell also. I ran my battery cable through there back when I did my engine swap so I just used the same hole in the grommet that i had already cut. It worked out very well for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts