SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in a water temp gauge and a oil pressure gauge. Which is the best way to go?

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
electrical is beter IMO because no fluid in the inside of car.... its more $$ thought...kesi24

·
Registered
329 Posts
Electrical is waaaay easier to hookup however I like mechanical.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Always go with the electrical. This way you have oil or water lines running into the car. I would recommend a high quality brand such as Greddy, HKS, or Apex'I as well! I have the Greddy gauges and they have saved my engine once already when the oil pressure dropped too low. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mechanical gauges don't run coolant into the car. There is a sensing bulb that gets installed and its capillary tube runs in the car.

Your heater core however does run coolant inside the car, so so much for not running engine fluids inside.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Right after where the water enters the motor, right behind the thermostat, there is a line that branches off. Its a rubber hose, that sends water to the turbo. I cut the hose in half and put in a NOS brand inline fitting. Its normally used in fuel lines to tap a fuel pressure sending unit. Instead i put the temp sending unit, and voila, 180 degree readings on my gauge ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts