SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going with the F-MAX stage I kit and will not boost past 10 psi. I wanted to get a three gauge setup. I am thinking boost and oil pressure. Any ideas on what the 3rd should be?...I know the A/F gauges are useless (according to mike kojima). I was thinking maybe a fuel pressure gauge? Any ideas on the gauges and what brands to buy? Also where should I get the pillar pod? Thanks in advance,

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Well, on mine I have Oil Pressure, Water Temp, and Boost in the pilar pod and an EGT gauge on my steering column in a gauge cup. But, since you're in OH, I doubt you have any major problems with overheating, right? I would go with EGT for the third gauge. The pilar pod is from Lo-Tek. As far as brands, it's personal choice. I like AutoMeter, so I went with that. Greddy is really good too, but a bit pricier.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the autometer gauges are cheaper than greddy...but how is their accuracy? That is pretty important to me.

-saaby

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
?? I've heard good and bad things. Some say "They're Grrrreat!" And others say, "They suck!" I'm happy with mine and have had no problems yet. I hooked up a scanner and watched the readings on the scanner and they matched what the gauges were telling me, so I trust them.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Here's my gauges and the 2-gauge pod pillar from Lo Tek.

I like them, but I should have gotten black on white instead of white on black. I think black on white is easier to read.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Wow somebody makes pods for B13s? Lo-tek? Where can I get mine?

------------------
'91 SEntRa
'92 Sentra XE
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Go with Boost (Autometer) and Greddy for the EGT with the peak hold. cause sometimes people don't watch the gauges. it will recall the highest egt #s you hit. Road Race Engginerring sells them for $190 that with the probe and everything.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
sorry to bring back an old thread, but i'm starting to look into gauges as well. would fuel pressure be a useful one? also, does anyone make a 2-1/16" egt gauge (same size as autometer)? thanks.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Zak, are those the 2 5/8" gauges from summit racing. Did you have to modify your gauge pods any to fit the gauges?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have the following in my 98 Sentra SE:

Greddy 52mm Boost
Greddy 52mm Oil Pressure
Greddy 52mm EGT

·
Registered
744 Posts
The 52mm Greddy oil pressure gauge from 0kg/cm2 to 6.0kg/cm2 which is perfect. I think* that is 0psi - 85psi. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
AZ_TURBOSE said:
The 52mm Greddy oil pressure gauge from 0kg/cm2 to 6.0kg/cm2 which is perfect. I think* that is 0psi - 85psi. Correct me if I am wrong.
85 psi is correct.. so you will never likely see oil pressures above that range? thanks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
On average in my car when it starts up it sits around 4.0 and then when it warms up it sits about 1.0 at idle. 3.0 @ 3000rpm on the freeway in 5th gear. This is about right from what I was told. This gauge also once saved my engine. The line to the turbo broke and spit all the oil out. I was at a light when it happened and noticed that the oil pressure was dropping fast so I shut the car down and saw what happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts