SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined so thought I should say hi. As you can see I'm from aus and a huge SR fan. Last three cars have had SR20's (1 N/A, 2 turbo) in varying states of tune. Current car is an S14 silvia with a few bits and pieces done to it. Anyways, I'll probably pipe up now and then giving you guys a perspective on the sort of stuff we do to the DET's down here in aus.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IMOA:
Just joined so thought I should say hi. As you can see I'm from aus and a huge SR fan. Last three cars have had SR20's (1 N/A, 2 turbo) in varying states of tune. Current car is an S14 silvia with a few bits and pieces done to it. Anyways, I'll probably pipe up now and then giving you guys a perspective on the sort of stuff we do to the DET's down here in aus.</font>
Let me say hello from us guys in Brooklyn NYC. We know that Australia has a large SR20 community. We also know that there is a huge Rotary fanbase there. I myself admire you Aussies. Aside from the occasional Crocodile Dundee stereotype and the Survivor Outback series I think you guys rock. There are two places in the world that I know are rotary heavens, thats Puerto Rico and Australia. Funny, two countries far far away from each other where before the internet guys probally didn't know of each other but probally heard stories share something in common. I used to subscribe to Fast Fours and Rotaries but it ran out. I have to re-subscribe. Welcome to a US forum. I have subscribed to the GTI-R digest in England but they were a bunch of dicks. Guys here are a little better. Also try to subscribe to the SE-R mailing list.
If you have not noticd, the SR20's here are majority FWD but basically the same.

G

·
Hey, what's up, I would like to see some of the SRs you guys got over there. I got my Pulsar engine from Australia. It came from somewhere in Adelaide. It came with everything I needed to make it run, for a good price to. Nuff respect to the boys down under.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the last couple of years the SR20det's popularity has increased a heap in aus. People are finally figuring out what a stonking motor it is, especially now that the S15 has finally been released. It's now a highly sought after motor not just in silvias, GTiR's and Pulsars (different body, same floorpan as your sentra) but also as an engine swap into everything from Datsun 510's to Toyota AE86's.

The rotary scene here is pretty big as well. I've got a lot of friends with wild 10 second rotaries in early RX3's and the like, a seriously scarey ride. Oh yeah, I wouldn't bother renewiung your subscription to FF&R's, the magazine has headed downhill somewhat recently. It's now far more concerned with Hyundai's with wild bodykits and airbrushed paintwork than with performance cars.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IMOA:
Over the last couple of years the SR20det's popularity has increased a heap in aus. People are finally figuring out what a stonking motor it is, especially now that the S15 has finally been released. It's now a highly sought after motor not just in silvias, GTiR's and Pulsars (different body, same floorpan as your sentra) but also as an engine swap into everything from Datsun 510's to Toyota AE86's.

The rotary scene here is pretty big as well. I've got a lot of friends with wild 10 second rotaries in early RX3's and the like, a seriously scarey ride. Oh yeah, I wouldn't bother renewiung your subscription to FF&R's, the magazine has headed downhill somewhat recently. It's now far more concerned with Hyundai's with wild bodykits and airbrushed paintwork than with performance cars.
</font>
So that means Dean Evans is no longer the editor then. He was a big SR20DE-T supporter. He owned Baby Godzilla. (For those of you who don't know who baby Godzilla is look it up in the search engines).
I think most American magazines (Espically Turbo) have gone downhill as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts