SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone has done this convertion but here is mine...

Here's a look of the UK headlight against the US headlight

Another shot...

Here they are next to another NX

eye for an eye

But really guys these lights are AWESOME!!! The beam pattern are so much wider and spread... plus I am now able to see better on dark roads!

The wiring of the H4's were straight forward... (black wire to black wire... red wire to red wire). The tricky part will be the adjust motor for up and down. We will do a write up once we are done and will post it at the NissanNX site.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yeah keep us updated on the wiring for the adjuster motor. Did yours come with the switch for that? Mine did but I don't have the wiring harness in between.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Did yours come with the switch for that? Mine did but I don't have the wiring harness in between.
Yep got the switch for it as well.

kleensleeper said:
Do you really have to remove the front bumper to do the install?
Yes!

Look at the second picture above. Now look at the headlight that is installed on the car. Just to the right of the headlight there are two nuts holding it to the body. There is now way you can get to that with the bumper on. Plus, the headlight is sandwiched between the body and the front bumper support.

·
8,148 Posts
You can see the beam pattern is different. How did we ever come to that conclusion anyway? What the Euro guys do for us NX guys. WOW!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Pretty White said:
You can see the beam pattern is different. How did we ever come to that conclusion anyway? What the Euro guys do for us NX guys. WOW!

I just did some searches on Euro headlights and just headlights to find a price on these, but came up with nothing.

Does anyone have a source and/or price on these things?

TIA

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
They sell in the $200 range. The guys in Europe and Japan get them for us. I got mine from Tim (NX2000-Germany).

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
God bless you, Steve Lotho. :)

I have a set of these lights sitting in the closet, just waiting for my lazy NX as$ to get them installed. Jennifer keeps moaning about the crappy stock headlights.

You've motivated me to get going on these. Now, I just have to wait for the rain to stop. Funny...but I have the Japanese lights and there's no provisions for motorized movement on them.

Is the pattern *that* much better than the crappy US lights? I know the answer...just want to hear it from you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
@paNX2K&SE-R damn did i really forget the wiring harmness??? I ll send it to you when i am back from my bike trip to bavaria.......i ll put a little "sorry Surprise" into the package...... but tell me what do you like more bright white oder xenon blue???

....and man here is one pair headlights left..waiting to be shipped to you...

one more euro vipers and a few chubby holes if you need........

and nearlly all other euro nx parts.....

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
You 'da man Tim thanks! Hmm a surprise huh? I guess I have to say bright white.

I've been thinking about getting a cubby hole. I've heard your glove boxes are a lot bigger too. If you happen to have one of those around... The thing is though my car is Saphire Blue (I think its called Pacific Blue over there) and has a lighter grey interior then most NXs so I don't know if you guys have that interior color over there.

Oh I almost forgot, if you have one of those 3 spoke steering wheels in good shape I would be interested in one too. Man I can see the shipping bill adding up quickly :)

Any more luck on finding a VE engine Tim?

Matt

NX2000-Germany said:
@paNX2K&SE-R damn did i really forget the wiring harmness??? I ll send it to you when i am back from my bike trip to bavaria.......i ll put a little "sorry Surprise" into the package...... but tell me what do you like more bright white oder xenon blue???

....and man here is one pair headlights left..waiting to be shipped to you...

one more euro vipers and a few chubby holes if you need........

and nearlly all other euro nx parts.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
@nghthwk yes there is at the moment one more sets..... in 4 weeks there ll be a second....

@paNX2K&SE-R our interior is mostly black...getting grey ones is nearlly not possible.....but if you want you can get the whole euro interior in black i a good shape in about 4 weeks...and a steering wheel too.....

and as a little goodie i ll add a set of bright white H4 bulbs....and the wiring

VE engine....no luck man.... i ll lose my job in about 3 weeks so there is no money for things like tune up my car :( :( :(

·
yup
1,208 Posts
whats this motorized adjustment you guys are talking about? I dont understand what that means. Care to explain? Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
R0b_ said:
I'm interested in a set, pricing please? Also, what's with the adjustment motor?

I'd like that other euro wiper as well, I only have one at the moment.
first...only one of the euro vipers has that small spoiler on it...but if you want you can get a second....

pricing....the price is 200 dollars shipping included.... i know thats much, but shipping costst about 40 euros (sea shipped).....

adjustment motor...ok i ll try to explain....

in germany you can adjust how far the headlight throws the light... we have a small switch near our hand break in the middle between the seats to adjust the lights in three steps....
0 to 3 far to near.....
if you turn the switch for example to position 2 the motors in the headlights turn the mirrow in the headlights down so they don t shine so far any more...

and our lights are much brighter than yours....

·
8,148 Posts
Whatever you do do not get your parts shipped by sea. It will take forever. Pay the extra and get it by air. Trust me. It is not worth the extra money you save. The first set of eyebrows took over 8 weeks by sea. And all I saved was $25.00. No way no how again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
Funny...but I have the Japanese lights and there's no provisions for motorized movement on them.
The Australian NX headlights are like this - they look the same as the Euro lights and have H4 globes, but do not have the motorised adjustment.

It is amazing that Nissan made so many different versions of the headlight, I would have thought they would have just made one that complies with all relevant laws in order to save on manufacturing costs....

·
8,148 Posts
nx-r_waz said:
The Australian NX headlights are like this - they look the same as the Euro lights and have H4 globes, but do not have the motorised adjustment.

It is amazing that Nissan made so many different versions of the headlight, I would have thought they would have just made one that complies with all relevant laws in order to save on manufacturing costs....
Ha, in the Netherlands and other European countries they even came with headlight wipers. I bet a lot of you did not know that?

I could have one of those from a friend here. I am still up in the air about it. That would be very EDM.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I knew that Ian :)

The only problem I see with the Aussie and JDM lights is they are RHD countries so the headlights are going to blind drivers here unless you aim them pretty far to the right.

The German headlights are fine here since they are a LHD country like us.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts