SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
I am only 16 and want to get a se-r for my first care from 1995 to like 98 or 97 i really like the car and around where i live Si's and Gsr and i want to be one of the few to smoke them with my se-r . some advice will be appreciative thanx

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am only 16 and</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> i want to be one of the few to smoke them with my se-r</font>
No offense, but please be safe. You don't have a lot of driving experience. At least consider not taking too many risks. I don't want to here about you or the guy you are racing running over somebodies grandma who was crossing the street.
{lecture mode off)

For 1/4 mile racing, you need to get a better launch than they do. Launch high enough to get a little wheelspin so you dont bog. Too much wheelspin will hurt your time. [for a stock car] Redline 1st, shift 2nd around 6900, shift 3rd (if needed) around 6500. Drop front tire psi to 20-25 for street tires.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for you who replied

according to the specs i could take a civic stock and umm to jacen i have been racing cars for a while not s2000 supras so i have a little bit but i dont plan to whip up on it too much thanx again
leo

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
get a few bolt on's before racing those honda's or they will take you up top when they are on the "big" cam.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
56 Posts
just be sure to take any potential buys to a mechanic and have it checked out really good. make sure it has a clean title and stuff, do a carfax check. i bought my 97 se-r w/ 26k miles for $9,500 a month ago. so the MAX price i would pay for a 98 would be around $10,500, that sound right guys? just don't get ripped off and make sure you REALLY like the car, don't rush in to things. good luck,
later,
derek

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by d_osborn:
i bought my 97 se-r w/ 26k miles for $9,500 a month ago. so the MAX price i would pay for a 98 would be around $10,500, that sound right guys? just don't get ripped off and make sure you REALLY like the car, don't rush in to things</font>
I payed $9,300 for mine this past April

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RPWSER,

I plan to buy a se-r from 95 to 97 or sentra se around 8grand wiht like 60thousand miles around there what you think

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Damn I feel bad now cause i paid $12,200 with a 4 year/48,000 mile extended bumper-to-bumper warranty on my 97 SER that only had 30,546 miles on it. Should I feel bad? But then again it took me 3 months to find this car so I wasn't going to let this one pass up on me.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nyce,

umm to be tru to you in my auto trader it says a 97 se-r with 30000 miles for 9 grand so i think u got a little bit jiped but you have a car that i want so ur the man

leo

:-D

·
Registered
844 Posts
The rarity issue is kinda true. I had a very hard time finding one for sell in my area. (DFW) 12grand is a little much, but if you love your car it shouldn't matter that much......but you could have gotten JWT cams and ECU for the extra money....

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Now I don't feel as bad seeing what Peter paid for his. I paid 11,200 for mine in october. It has 38k on the clock at the time.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I would look for a 95-97. Remember, the 98's and up had the new emissions **** and ecu stuff and i think they don't have a LSD. The 95-97 are slightly more mod friendly and have a LSD. If you're going to change the ECU, the 95-97's are easier too, no extra rewiring. And you probably will change the ecu
Besides, the 95-97 will be cheaper!

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts