SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting frustrated! I need to know which 300zx O2 Sensor I need to work with my USDM B13 JWT ECU (370cc, 4 bar, Bored MAF)..I already searched! I ended up buying the wrong O2 sensor according to Dr. Dre. I went and ordered the 300zx O2 sensor from my local Nissan dealership (I get a 20% discount there) using the part # I got from here 22690-48P11. The 300zx O2 sensor I got has 2 white wires and a black wire. Dr. Dre said I NEED the 300zx O2 sensor that has RED, BLACK, and WHITE wires. Which part # is it?
I SEARCHED again and came up with part #s: 22690-30P10, 22690-40P10, 22690-48P10 (I assume these gotta be one of the O2 sensors I need). HOWEVER, I searched these part #s on Courtesy Nissan's website and those part #s don't exist. I did come up with: 22690-00003 (Turbo 90'-93' Driver side 300zx) and 22690-00001 (All Models 90'-93' 300zx). PLEASE HELP..It is for a good cause..To get my b13 back on the road boosting again!

Manny

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R0b_ said:
forgive my slight off-topic, but why do you need a 300zx O2 sensor? Shouldn't the ECU be programmed for a standard SR20DE O2 sensor?
That is my same train of thought...but I was told otherwise.

Manny

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
R0b_ said:
forgive my slight off-topic, but why do you need a 300zx O2 sensor? Shouldn't the ECU be programmed for a standard SR20DE O2 sensor?
A lot of members here use the O2 for the 300zx because it gives them a longer wire, hence, no more splicing the O2 wire to make it longer and fit. If I am not mistaken they are practically the same aside from the 300zx having a longer wire.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
nismo91 said:
A lot of members here use the O2 for the 300zx because it gives them a longer wire, hence, no more splicing the O2 wire to make it longer and fit. If I am not mistaken they are practically the same aside from the 300zx having a longer wire.
Exactly. If you want to save money just extend the wires of your US O2 sensor. Just break out the solder iron and have at it. Otherwise go and buy the O2 part number mentioned in the thread mentioned above.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I tried to go and return the O2 sensor (part# 22690-48P11) and the Nissan told me I couldn't return it because I didn't have the box that it came in. I see no point in needed the box if I showed them the receipt of purchase. I told them that I got the wrong O2 sensor and that I needed the O2 sensor part# 22690-30P10. I don't know what to do. I'm stuck with a $90 O2 sensor that I don't need. This O2 sensor re4aches fine to my plug but was told it would not work. Anyone care to tell me otherwise!

Manny

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Damn man, that sucks! From now on you should buy them from Autozone or Discount, they let me return o2 sensors A LOT, I have bought them 2x and then never needed it, so I returned it. Maybe put the o2 sensor up on eBay or nissanforums.com?

Justin

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone tell me if I can go ahead without a problem and use the 300zx O2 sensor (part# 22690-48P11) I bought? I have been searching and found no answer if it is OK to use this O2 sensor. I have read that almost all Nissan O2 sensors are the same. PLEASE HELP!

Manny

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You can use it, its the same as our o2 sensor. The only thing is you're going to have to solder on longer wires to get it to reach to the o2 housing/j-pipe.

Justin

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
SE-Rawkus said:
Can anyone tell me if I can go ahead without a problem and use the 300zx O2 sensor (part# 22690-48P11) I bought? I have been searching and found no answer if it is OK to use this O2 sensor. I have read that almost all Nissan O2 sensors are the same. PLEASE HELP!

Manny
Go ahead and use it, you will be fine.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't need to solder the wires. They reach fine w/o a problem. SR20RACER...what setup are you running?

Manny

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Just stick it in, then. If you are getting really bad a/f, take it out. I seriously doubt thats probable though.

Justin

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well...I sold the O2 sensor to a buddy of mine w/ a SR20 swap in his 240. I saved his life and he saved mine!
Last night I ordered the right O2 sensor from Courtesy Nissan for $75 shipped (2nd Day Delivery).

Manny

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
SE-Rawkus said:
Well...I sold the O2 sensor to a buddy of mine w/ a SR20 swap in his 240. I saved his life and he saved mine!
Last night I ordered the right O2 sensor from Courtesy Nissan for $75 shipped (2nd Day Delivery).

Manny
You HAD the right 02 sensor, 3-4 people told you that it would work. I am running the EXACT same one you sold with no problems. What 02 did you get? Hopefully it isn't one with shorter wires that you have to extend and always second guess your splices. :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts