SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hey, I stopped by James' wednesday and changed my oil to synthetic finally, rotated my tires, and installed a K&N filter. Then today I went back to paint my calipers and also I took out the resonator that sits in the fender. So now it acts like a CAI.... sorta....

I've actually noticed a slight performance increase.. i'm hittin higher speeds at lower gears, too. Doesn't sound much different, but it's all cool heheh.... ghetto CAI.

Calipers look nice.. gonna take pics tomorrow morning, so stay tuned...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you take out just the resonator pipe that was fed to the resonator box, or did you open half of the intake box? I still need to start giving my car synthetic, but I'm scared (sort of, damn stories).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The intake goes from the engine thru a filter box then thru a pipe with a sensor connected to it then down into the fender behind the bumper where there is a big black box (resonator) and then another pipe comes back up from the resonator into the engine bay.... so i took out the box only. I left everything else where it was. That way the intake keeps the sensor AND it sucks cold air from the fender instead of warm air from the engine bay.

The other pipe that came from the resonator up into the engine bay is useless and just sits there... u can take it off but it'll require cutting it away since its attached at the hip to the other pipe. It's a safe cut, but whenever u take it to the dealer they might say u F'd up ur warranty... i dunno... i'll probably cut it off one day cuz i hate having useless parts in my car.

and there is nothing wrong with the synthetic, it definately lets my car run smoother and runs better with my advanced timing, thats for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts