SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those deuscht filters have saved my ass many times...although i have recently just dissconnected the entire emmisions system, minus the cat...i just unplugged **** and then checked to see how it ran. if it ran, the **** came off..if it didn't, i re-routed it... now i have no exhaust recycling, and i haven't even redone the ECU....

goddammit, didn't mean to make a new topic.

[Edited by forget (11-19-2000 at 03:42 AM).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Hehe, truly ghetto my friend, but we must not be so haphazard about it. Like disconnecting the fuel pressure regulator? Bad. Guess it's worse for a turbo car than NA (IE disconnect the wastegate hose- very bad). But as long as she runs, more power to you. Just be careful

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i disconnected everything between the exhast manifold and the intake mainifold. (ya know the two pipes comming out of the header...) i just crimped the two pipes on the mainifold onto themselves, and then i disconnected the egr, bpt, aiv, and some other stuff that i can't remember...

it idles lower, has better MPG, pickups faster, but the exhaust smells like pure unburnt gas...the cat is coming off here pretty soon (no emissions laws in Alabama!!)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm curious to know what gains you guys have made by removing your emmission controls. Anybody have before and after dyno results?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seat of the pants...much faster pickup. i'd say it would be good for at least 5hp, but that is just a guess...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.