SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turbocharging 2-3500$ or get a bb det motor 1500 bucks still have to make downpipe.I'm kind of attached to my motor and wanted to turbo carge but can't find anything less than2400 labor and all still trying to get stuff.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
intake: usually hotshot's cold air intake, or place racing's cold air intake. i'm going to make my own, more cost effective that way. they usually run at about 200-250 bucks depending on where you get them..

turbo: depends on which way you want to. fmax has good systems, but they are pretty costly too i think. a 'det can be found for usually around 2500 (or the se-r classfieds go that way), and you get a engine that is pretty prepped for some high performance....

header: hotshot, but i hear they are hard to come by new. there's also aebs, pacesetter's are cheap price-wise, and are pretty cheap quality-wise. depends on the dough you want to fork out.

cams: jim wolf technology! it's just about the ONLY thing i hear people are using. from what i've been told, the stillen ones screw up your idle pretty bad. jim wolf s3 or s4 cams are good price-wise, and get good power!

as far as inspection goes, i'm not sure what you can and cannot have....

-monsoon

------------------
featured your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

G

·
Best Intake ? Best Price ? Where to get it ?

Turbocharging a 1991 Se-R Sentra - difficult ? Reliable ? Best setup ? Price ?

Headers/cams/etc...tell me what I have to work with here...

I own a 1991 SE-R, just got it back from inspection today.

G

·
Intake- I have the Hot Shots and love it.

Turbo- Fmax will make the most power! Be prepared to fork over ALOT of money for this. SR20DET swap, either Blue Bird or GTIr. The GTIr is more expensive and requires a lil more maintance but give more HP.

Header- Same as everyone else said.

Cam JWT!!! S-3 or S-4

MarC

G

·
The Best intake on the market right now is Place Racings-Go to their website and they sell it for 190$ shipped. Hotshot has a CAI, but I haven't heard anything from list members on how it compares to the Place-One cool thing with the Hotshot, though-The MAF adapter already has a fitting on it for that stupid AIV, so people like us who have a 91-93 Classics, don't have to hunt down a small breather filter! Headers and Turbos seem to be based on personal preference, with Hotshots being very popular to the Pacesetter ceramic(they DO work well!) being the least popular. You have to figure out whether you want a 4-2-1 header(more low-end) or a 4-1 header like AEB (more high end). Turbo's are not cheap, and there's alot of work that needs to be done to your drivetrain and motor to support the extra power, plus the kits are pricey! The cams in our Classics are sought after by the rest of the SR20DE crowd, because they have a more aggressive grind, so I'd stick with the factory one's for now. You can even go cheap and just start off with a POP charger and a timing advance(15 degrees advance)and go from there-Have fun

·
Registered
441 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SoAngel:
Best Intake ? Best Price ? Where to get it ?

Turbocharging a 1991 Se-R Sentra - difficult ? Reliable ? Best setup ? Price ?

Headers/cams/etc...tell me what I have to work with here...

</font>
Hey rookie,

First you gotta tell us what you want out of your car? If you have a made a decision on goin either all-motor or forced induction (nos & turbo), maybe you can get some specific answers. My personal opinion is to go out and turbo the se-r. SE-R's are built pretty much bullet proof straight from the showroom floor and many people here on the forum can testify to that. Going turbo is EXPEN$$IVE to many people but is a great experience and worth the research and work. This again is my opinion and opinions vary widely among people. So good luck with your 91 sentra and congrats on a good choice of a car.

Peace!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts