SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the day would never come when I decided to drag race. I've gone two times before, but that was 2 years ago. I have a set of worn RE-71s in a 195-55-14 on B13 wheels. Should I use those on the front instead of my RE730 in a 205-50-15 on stock B14 wheels? What pressures with each fronts, and stock rears. I know its best to put the rear shocks all the way up, but what about the fronts? I guess I'll find out how slow my car really is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Eric;

You'll have fun. As for tire pressures, I have RE-71s, too, and I've tried to drag race on them a couple times when I didn't have my Nitto Drag Radials.

Pray that it's not too cold outside, and lower your front pressures to around 22psi or so, as a good starting place. In terms of setting your front struts, I can't help you, as my struts aren't adjustable :(

Don't do a burnout, as it does no good on street tires. Just rev it up to around 3,000 or so, and slip-slide the clutch a bit to maintain traction. You'll get the hang of it, hopefully before your clutch has had enough.

Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts