SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what I should pick up in Japan. I have a auto 93.5 G20. (FYI I can't bring back a whole engine)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
gti-r pulsar maybe? r-34 skyline? I would get some emblems and maybe a front grill and some taillights (I think they are diffrent over there) to make it look like a primera. and take LOTS of pics for us :) oh, and you can come pick me up on the way there

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure to meet me in San Diego, since I'll be snooping around JWT before I go to Japan.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian, already picked up a Japanese GF. I'll try to get DET parts but I won't be able to bring back the whole thing. What parts should I get off of that motor? I have some friends at the junk yards over there so I should be able to get everything for free. Also, I might have a lead on a SR22 crank.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
If I were you I would grab a gtir(or bb det w/t25) manifold with the t28 all the piping and intercooler. Bring it home and get a JWT ECU make some exhaust pipes and bang.... You have a cheap turbo set-up. I mean if you can get the parts for free why not? You could run at 8-10 psi and whooop some ass. Any room in your luggage for me :)

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I find a couple of GTi-R and Bluebird engines I'll pick up whatever I can. Should I bring back the intake too?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, and what about some injectors, and or a fuel pump. And what is this madness on a sr22 crank? damn, if you lived around here I would probably build that thing for some beer :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
If your running a JWT ecu it might be ok but I'm not sure. I don't think the intakes have all the emmisions stuff we need. *I could be wrong* A Dual TB intake off a GTI-R would probably sell for some coin if you brought one or two back 8)

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm pretty sure that the TB for the GTi-R was quad and that the bluebird was dual, but I'll go ahead and try to get a couple of both. If there's anything interesting for our cars I'll go ahead and pick them up and put it up on the for sale section when I come back. (Be patient that'll be in September)

·
Apprentice
65 Posts
Ya know... I was thinking about taking a trip to Japan. I'm on leave with the Air Force 'til 21 Sept and I was thinking... why not take advantage of the Space Available travel the Air Force has. I'm just worried about what I can bring back with me.

Josh

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
I was wondering what I should pick up in Japan. I have a auto 93.5 G20. (FYI I can't bring back a whole engine)
One of the most usefull things you can bring back is KNOWLEDGE about used engine/parts prices in Japan. Plus, direct contacts for said engines/parts.

I understand than any shop/person that goes through the pain and uncertainty of importing here engines/parts for resale (not to mention putting up hard cash and having to fear that any engine may be completetely shot and worthless) MUST make a hefty some to compensate for these uncertainties.

However, complete front cuts from GTiRs sell in the East (Malaysis, HK, Taiwan, etc) for USD1000!!! Anfd that includes the profit the local shops make and the (albeit limited) shipping costs. Now, this would mean that youy could probably have one of those sent to the States for the same ammount of money!!! That is if you arranged for it yourself in Japan.

So, visit any Nissan junkyard, shop, etc. and ask for the cost of a pristine GTiR, SR20VE, SR16VE half cut, cost of shipping to the US and pay them in cash right there, after you select your dream half-cut.

I doubt it will be much over USD 1200 shipped to the States.

Oh, and do not forget to tell us the prices and sources too!!!! We may need them.

Chris
Chris

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Bingo. So many times so many times someone pops up and says, "Hey I have connections in Japan! Let me know whatcha need!" And then that person just disappears after that. For the longest time I've been trying to get some info regarding the header/exhaust manifold for the 91-96 Nissan Primera/Infiniti G20 and I can't seem to find anyone that has it. If you go to Japan and ffin someone that has a 4-1 header(new or used) for the Primera PLEASE let me know.

Oh, by the way, you say you have a G20. Are you on G20.net?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts