Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JWT, Weapon R, what?

------------------
Kenneth

1996 RED 200sx SE-R w/dynomax Superturbo Exhaust

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do you want a cold air or warmer air intake? CAI, I would go for the PRI, if you want a warmer air intake go with the JWT POP. later

------------------

What the heck is that?!?
Quick, somebody give me a rock!!

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
why doesen't anybody like the HS intake? it's the same damned thing as the PR if not better...mike kojima designed the f'n thing

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
PR or HS CAI, just more bang for your buck, the wepon r is almost as expensive as the CAI, and I am sure that it won't make the power that a CAI does

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic (BIGFOOT), B15 engine, PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have had both CAIs and the HS fits much better. The PR gave me a flat spot at 3k, but with the HS, the flat spot is gone. Get the HS and be happy.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
440 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
why doesen't anybody like the HS intake? it's the same damned thing as the PR if not better...mike kojima designed the f'n thing

</font>
Well, I say PRI because in my experience on the b15 bb the HS CAI has had alot of fitment problems. I know the PRI piece is not perfect because there has been some problems w/them too, but less than HS. But this is based on the b15 so it may be better for the b14, just like Eric said his is better. later

------------------

What the heck is that?!?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey bro go with the HS CAI I just installed one on my friends 99'G20 and it fits and looks better than my PR CAI, its polished and looks nice in the engine bay!!

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

G

·
That's funny, I like my "WAI" over the stocker box anyday and I don't feel like I wasted my money.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
Either do the open air box mod(FREE) or the CAI. Don't waste the money on a WAI. </font>

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had a PR CAI but I sold it because I'm going turbo. Put the stock open air box on and it felt different than the CAI. Bought a JWT POP Charger and it made the car feel sluggish compared to the open air box. $120 is not worth it when you can just spend a little more and get a CAI, much better investment.

G

·
I hear that. I guess I only chimed in because no one likes to mention the fact that you CAN **** up with the whole CAI/water combination......

Just thought I should mention that some new person might want to consider buying AEM by-pass for thier CAI.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned about my intakes and avoiding our Houston flash floods....

I had a PR CAI but I sold it because I'm going turbo. Put the stock open air box on and it felt different than the CAI. Bought a JWT POP Charger and it made the car feel sluggish compared to the open air box. $120 is not worth it when you can just spend a little more and get a CAI, much better investment.</font>

·
Registered
440 Posts
Either do the open air box mod(FREE) or the CAI. Don't waste the money on a WAI. </font>
Call me stupid or just old fashioned but I just don't like the idea of cutting holes in my car or an intake I just paid 200 for(bypass valve). Plus water and my engine will not get along well. later

------------------

What the heck is that?!?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
yeah, my HS CAI fit in perfectly...

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Ive seen both but dont have either.

The rubber coupling near the tb on the hs looked kinda flexed, my frineds celica GTS has an injen that fits the same way, and he says its fine. I still think the pr looks nicer when installed properly.

For me it would come down to eventually would be the $$, But do both have the ability to change to a WAI for flash floods and so forth?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts