SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at 11 oclock AM i comensed to enter the garage when i sanded the hell outta my back end for about 2 and a half hours(including the trips to the hardware store for more sandpaper twice). Then i used the bondo to fill those horrible dents(3 layers of it). Then i sanded it down and sprayed primer on it and now 8 hours later i layed the final touch of paint on it.(not to mention somewhere inbetween there i went to dinner and took a few breaks). YAY I AM SO HAPPY IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!!! Tommorrow is the time for wetsands and rubbing and polishing compound! The day after is time for the top half of the trunk.

Troy

·
Registered
325 Posts
damn I wish I could do that to my baby too,she really can use some touch up. Anywayz good luck with everything bro.
Nick

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What wrong with her?

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Originally posted by LowDownNX:
i sanded the hell outta my back end for about 2 and a half hours

This sentence made me laugh

But seriously, this will save a lot of money. Most of the cost of painting a car goes into the prep, and prep is what makes the end finished job look good or bad. If you don't do good prep, you have a bad paintjob.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LowDownNX:
Today at 11 oclock AM i comensed to enter the garage when i sanded the hell outta my back end for about 2 and a half hours(including the trips to the hardware store for more sandpaper twice). Then i used the bondo to fill those horrible dents(3 layers of it). Then i sanded it down and sprayed primer on it and now 8 hours later i layed the final touch of paint on it.(not to mention somewhere inbetween there i went to dinner and took a few breaks). YAY I AM SO HAPPY IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!!! Tommorrow is the time for wetsands and rubbing and polishing compound! The day after is time for the top half of the trunk.

Troy
</font>
Ok...my father owns a bodyshop...let me give you some advice...dents are not something that you just want to fill in and paint over...unless they are very minimal dents...you need to run over to O'Reilly's(can't frickin spell) and grab yourself a book called "body shop work" or something similar to that...atleast then you will have an idea of what you're supposed to do to releave the stress of the dent...because, chances are, the puddy will pop back up...IMHO....let me know if you need any advice...and pictures would help!! :~)

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts