SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody knew of a good shop that could do an auto to manual and BB DET swap into my G20. Ideally, this would need to be done as quickly and as soon as possible because I've got some problems with the car as it sits, and I can't go without a vehicle for long. As close to NoVA as possible would be good too, since I don't know how far of a drive I could make. I'm not sure if asking for it to be done within a week or two is unreasonable, but that's what would be best. Any help is appreciated.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
why not try your hand at doing it? grab all the bits (search for what you need) and the b-more crew is always down to help. if i can make it my ass will be there.......how much help will i be? none....never done a swap....but im kinda funny so you wont get board :biggthump

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done a Honda swap before(actually just helped a friend) but at this point I really would like this car to run with no problems and my parents don't want a disassembled car in our garage. Also, I have a feeling it would take me a lot longer to do the swap myself than to have someone else do it. If it came down to that though, I'll let you know, thanks for the offer.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
Amnesia said:
I have done a Honda swap before(actually just helped a friend) but at this point I really would like this car to run with no problems and my parents don't want a disassembled car in our garage. Also, I have a feeling it would take me a lot longer to do the swap myself than to have someone else do it. If it came down to that though, I'll let you know, thanks for the offer.
any time, i honestly dont know of any shops that do the swaps, but i know there are a few.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i did a auto to 5 speed swap in my g20 and it was worth it.it took me a couple of days doing it after work.drilling the hole for the clutch cable is crazy hard,you have to remove the dash board.anyway i might be able to help just let me know whats up.i live in richmond.bb swap is easy.

·
Big kid with gray hair
1,616 Posts

·
Big kid with gray hair
1,616 Posts
mirrortints said:
Takes me 5 hours to get there.

Not sure but I was thinking he would use common sense when going somewhere anyways, if he didn't then who knows.

I was giving him options, please post local shops.
Oh. I wasn't sure if they had a second location that I was unaware of.

What about these guys in Richmond? http://www.performanceautosport.com/ They specialize in Stangs, but one of our forum member works there (FlodaSE-R). They build racecars, parts install, tuning etc. They also do dyno service for NASA MidAtlantic, which includes SER-Cup. Might be worth a pm to FlodaSE-R and see if they can do the swap. Maybe a 2 hour ride from NOVA?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts