SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Give me an offer and i'll do it. Will have to be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And you'll have to drive it here, and provide spring compressors (rent them out at Autozone for free).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yep hire Dave or get a geekout going. Buy new rubber bits from the dealer, get struts,Jack stands, check your brakes while you are down there anyway (its an easy time to change em while its up), and spring compressors rental or borrow some.

I'd be glad to lend a hand if im not moving to/working on my new house.

If you hire Dave just be carefull to not let him get too close to you.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm a little short on time these days, so i'll have to consider when i can get around to doing this. i've done plenty of engine work, but suspension stuff is new to me, so bear with me.

obviously I need struts - from what I've read various places seems like the Tokicos are good, but any input appreciated. what other parts should be replaced at the same time? e.g. springs, bushings, etc. thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry, should have offered some more info. so basically my car is totally stock right now, and will be that way for the foreseeable future. no plans to autox or anything like that. most of my driving is on crappy boston roads, so as much as I'd like it to handle like a track car, I don't want to shake my fillings loose, and if it's lowered much it'll just bottom out on a daily basis.

so with that in mind, any suggestions for suspension setup (struts, springs, etc) are much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts