Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jer_760 said:
Nice find, Nisport also sells them. I think you can still purchase them from Geo.
Yeh, they sell the fill plug, but not the drain plug. I like the socket aspect of the KD tool one, the one Nisport sells looks nice too though.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeh, I got this for $17.60 including tax, its still cheaper than buying from that web-site I posted; when I bought it from the Matco guy.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too bad, ey?

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
So the fill is 8 or 10mm and the drain is 13mm?
Fill is 10mm, the 8 is just extra.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cortrim1 said:
the drain is a 13mm. I usually use a ½ drive wrench which is 12.7mm metric.
I've had those round out the hole too many times. It wasn't fun using a chisel, a welder, and a nut to turn the drain plug out.:mad:

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
People who have the cars before me didn't put RTV or anything on the threads, causing them to sieze, and then get rounded out.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I've always used the 1/2" ratchet for drain and 3/8" ratchet for fill technique w/o any problems. However for the little money these adapters cost its cheap insurance to avoid a major pita problem.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
I've always used the ½" ratchet for drain and 3/8" ratchet for fill technique w/o any problems. However for the little money these adapters cost its cheap insurance to avoid a major pita problem.
Exactly my thoughts. :)

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting news, I opend the package, and the sockets didn't fit on my 3/8" ratchet. I returned them to the MATCO guy and he will be trying to get me some new ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts