SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it today! It's '98, 5 speed, loaded with leather, 27,000 miles. All stock. (for now hehe)

Heres some pics:

and

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is the most neat and organized engine bay I have ever seen! I wonder what its like to work on... So how does it compare to the nissan?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for starters, this afternoon I already opened up the airbox. It gives a nice GROWL between 4000-5000rpms. It doesn't sound like our cars. It's more of a wail. It's hard to describe.

The one thing I notice in comparison to my SE-R is the abundance of low end power. My SE-R has a CAI, header, and JWT cams as you can see in my mod list, but is definately faster though overall. But you have to make the motor work to extract the power. I must take the car up pretty high (5000rpms) to feel the high end rush. In the VR6 you can just tell there is a relatively large displacement engine (2.8 liters) for the car, it hauls ass up big hills under load. The one thing I don't like though is the shifter. It feels kind of sloppy. It also needs stiffer motor mounts. The whole front of the car bumps around at redline shifts. But thats to be expected as I've been driving my car for the past 6 months with Energy Suspenion mounts.

Wish list as of now for the VR6:

CAI
Chip
Exhaust

I'm not sure what brands. I'll have to do a bit of research.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
0 Posts
Jordan,

i'm a VR6 guy too. I have a '93 Corrado SLC VR6. you may want to check out: http://forums.vwvortex.com/forums.html

lots of info., cool owners, and dubs. funny, i'm actually selling my corrado and trying to find a '93 or '94 sentra SE-R.

good luck.

------------------

one day, one day
you will blossom
one day, one day
when you're ready
- Björk

G

·
0 Posts
bored? no way. i love this car. i'm only the 2nd owner and it has 78k miles on it. Bone stock and i even have the original window sticker. it really pains me to sell this car. it just comes down to priorites. and being able to beat the snot out of a car (like high mileage daily commutes). the Corrado isn't designed for that purpose.. and so i'm looking for a '93 or '94 sentra se-r.

here is a link to my C gallery:
http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_a lbum&id_community=Xymox007sPhotoAlbum&id_topic=3

drop me a line if you have any questions or are interested.

------------------

one day, one day
you will blossom
one day, one day
when you're ready
- Björk

[This message has been edited by Xymox (edited 04-30-2001).]

·
Registered
303 Posts
jordan: nice vdub man.. my friend has a '97 gti vr6 and it flies. now whose car is it exactly? someone in your family? it better not be yours, ya punk.

marc: i think what xymox means by "bone stock" is that there have been no modifications done to it at all. frickin' jersey people.. sheesh.

------------------

Jon - '95 G20t

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
jordan: nice vdub man.. my friend has a '97 gti vr6 and it flies. now whose car is it exactly? someone in your family? it better not be yours, ya punk.

</font>
Oh technically its my gf's. But like I said it might as well be mine, cause we take her car everywhere, (dont like putting miles on mine unless I'm racing
) and I always drive her car 90 percent of the time.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Haha, I'm the same way Jordan. I usually drive my parents cars whenever I go anywhere except to school. I used to drive my girl's cougar everywhere but now she has an SE-R and she's the same way about putting miles on it as I am.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Luckily I do not put any miles on mine cause the SER does all the driving by it self. She puts miles on me what can I say she likes to drive

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NyceP26:
Luckily I do not put any miles on mine cause the SER does all the driving by it self. She puts miles on me what can I say she likes to drive

</font>
haha nicely put. My 97 is at 83,000 miles and still pullin like a mutha

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts