SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i know this isn't the newbie section or anything.. but oh well.. i've never owned a jap car.. i have always owned muscle cars.. :-/ But i bought this car off my friend for 2300 bucks.. it seemed like a steal to me.. It's a 91 Nx2000 with a motor swap from a 98 G20... go 30,000 on the motor and lil stuff done do it like ehaust and intake.. but i am wondering of lil odd's and ends stuff i can do to it? i am installing my cold air intake today.. the egr was pluged? iunno bout that.. but i heard it makes a differnce.. iunno.. any help would be nice..
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/544000-544999/544467_5_full.jpg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You can check out Jim Wolf Technologies for go fast parts. Hot Shot makes the best header for our car. B and M short shifter. You can also check out JGY customs for turbo stuff and other performance.

Then you can live here in the forum and learn loads oh and www.se-r.net has a wealth of info.

There's more but its late.

·
Gettin' Old and Whipped
571 Posts
looks nice. Hang around the forum a while, read what other's are doing, cuz most of the good stuff is pretty well established, and there aren't too many dummies here. Bolt-ons really make a diff on the SR20.

·
Registered
186 Posts
one thing i've noticed with my car is the fact that now that it has wheels it needs to be lowered like an inch or maybe an inch and a half... after market wheels dont look right on an nx to me until its been lowered a little bit to remove big gap between fender wells and tire.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
And sometims you can throw springs at an NX and it still looks jacked. But who really cares? not me. If I cared how "cool" my car looked, i'd have a "megga sicc" body kit :rolleyes:

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
It sounds like you got a pretty decent deal. Where are you located? The car looks very nice in the picture. Where are you located? I have found that one of the best ways to learn about your car is to compare it to other examples of the same model.

·
Gettin' Old and Whipped
571 Posts
You leaving those fog lights out, Jeff? It just don't look quite right, does it? I wish I had ur wheels tho...

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I took one out to replace the bulb, but the screws were so damn rusted there was no chance of getting it open. I took both out for kicks, and actually liked it. I think they look good in a way a bone stock NX looks good. I've gota non-digial pic of my NX when it was totally stock and it looks amazing. But it looks good now too, just in a different way.

"On a form follows function" note, it gives good airflow to the CAI and saves maybe 10 pounds. it looks better in this picture:
http://chat.carleton.ca/~jdaley/site map/Cars/P1020364.JPG
I'll leave that as a link since i dont know how to shrink pics ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, thanks for the help.. for the guy wondering where i am .. i live in ohio.. a very shitty state..

i have a 85 mustang i am selling, and i was looking on that jgy site.. and they sold a trubo kit, i am looking to buy that.. but i want a ball-baring turbo.. i have a t/3/t4 hybrid that i built for the thunderbird.. would it work if i got a t3 flange?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts