SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....it was pretty cool. My friend Chris just bought a new WRX and gave me a ride today. He traded in his '99 Legacy for it (at a total cost just over $27,000!!!!)

Anyways heres my impressions.

Handling: Very well, but not as well as a SE-R with tuned suspension. I'm sure I'd take him easily in the turns.

Acceleration: Very quiet engine, very smooth. The power is misleading, in fact it's so smooth up to redline you don't notice how fast you are going. It has tons and tons more torque than my car. We didn't really get on it that hard, he didn't take it past 6000rpms as its still in its first 1000 miles. The thing doesn't HAUL ASS like a DET or V8 does, but it can hold it's own. If I had to compare it to something I would say it feels much like a Celica GT-S after 5000rpms. I ran a 15.1 @ 90 in my car, the WRX is rumored to pull mid 14's stock, so I guess you'd have to say it's faster, but not that much. If I got an ECU, exhaust and pulleys I bet I would give the WRX a damned good run, if not beat it.

Interior: Excellent! I loved the seats and the steering wheel. He got the CF trim package as well. No sunroof, but other little goodies. The shifter is smooth and firm, the car feels very solid inside and out.

Bottom line, I think it's a nice car, BUT theres no way I'd pay $27,000 for it, unless I was completely loyal to Subaru. I'd take the new $18,000 2002 SE-R over for sure. Of course this is just all my opinion, I could be wrong.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ - 14's oh so close

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow, he actually payed 27k? They are marking it up big time. Dealers down here are using that price too it seems, but a friend of mine asked a dealer if he bought it right now what he could get if for(after they got done test driving) and the dealer said 23k. I guess its all in the bargaining. Sweet car nonetheless

-----------
formely known as twentyfivecharacters

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My friend is waiting to pick his up today and he said he paid 26k, including taxes and all that crap. He said it was "$750 over invoice", whatever that means.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
858 Posts
man I've never seen one close but the commercials have me very interested. but not for 27,000 bucks. I'm thinking of the volkswagen golf gti 1.8 T
or new se-r specV .can't wait for the fall!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I read the post wrong.. total cost of 27k. Sorry. Then he probably got a good deal on it. Forgot about tags and stuff like that.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
man I've never seen one close but the commercials have me very interested. but not for 27,000 bucks. I'm thinking of the volkswagen golf gti 1.8 T
or new se-r specV .can't wait for the fall!
</font>
Oh definately. I'd much rather have the new SE-R. 180hp, alot less than the 227hp WRX, BUT about $6-8k less depending on, and you can definately make the SE-R faster with that amount of $$.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ - 14's oh so close

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey that WRX is a nice car and all but that much over priced is ridiculous. I would not dish out that kind of money unless I was loyal like you said. Take that money to the bank and buy a house. I would rather make high payments on a house than a car that looks nice. And no you cannot have an address on your car so top that. 27K on a stinking WRX nooo way. Just venting out sorry. Wait till the Mitsu EVO comes out then i'll have that as my permanent address

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jprdan, its yellow right...thats a couple extra grand right there. freakin rediculous. wait till i meet up with him DETized. Yes folks, thats right, you heard it I m DETizing soon, probably, maybe, possibly, hopefully, hehe....ill tell a little story about my most recent desicion in another post in due time
stay tuned!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Its a nice car....too bad one of them had to be wasted on that kid....don't worry folks....just some bad blood being spilled, im not fond of this kid, hehe.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">its yellow right...thats a couple extra grand right there. freakin rediculous. </font>
Where'd you hear that? My friends car is yellow and the only downside was he had to wait a little longer for it. Like I said, he paid 26k "out the door". The WRX is super nice. Handles awesome and is FAST. If it was mine I'd ditch the cat/manifold and put a better turbo on it just to start.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
Where'd you hear that? My friends car is yellow and the only downside was he had to wait a little longer for it. Like I said, he paid 26k "out the door". The WRX is super nice. Handles awesome and is FAST. If it was mine I'd ditch the cat/manifold and put a better turbo on it just to start.
</font>
I believe it was sad on the list, on here once, and on a commercial or in a mag somewhere that oyu had to pay some extra cahs if you wanted that color or something? I could be wrong, but i know i remember hearing it maybe about a week ago or so. Anyways, i like the car, and its pretty quick, although its not worth 27k and the yellow is fugly. It would be better if it were liek a is300 or focuz yellow but not that pale pastel crap, yuck. Looks better in blue
I like the red too though.

------------------

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well I got to drive it last night. It's pretty damn fun.. I took it up into the hills and bombed a nice twisty road rally style
I agree that the color is damn ugly. I was thinking it'd be a nice electric yellow, i could live with that.. but pale puke yellow?? geez. But, none of that really matters when you're gripping that Momo wheel and taching out 2nd gear coming out of a nice drift heh. Oh man I can't wait to autocross that car. I hope it rains when I do

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

1 - 14 of 14 Posts