SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out this week I have a dyno less than 20 minutes from my house. Whoo hoo. So I went this morning to see what she could do. First I should say I recently installed a 91 intake cam and I sware the car feels slower. But anyway. I made 138.3hp at 6100 rpms and 128tq at 4900 rpms. Do these numbers jive with my mods? PR CAI, AEBS header, Courtesy catback, Unorthodox 2 pulley set, and the 91 intake cam. I wish I had my light 15" wheels still. My OZ wheels are heavy as hell. I will post the chart Monday from work.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SmoothDaddyFig:
NICE NUMBERS!!!!
I cant wait to dyno mine.
we have a dyno around here that runs around $60 a session. Is that a fair price?

</font>
I went with a group of contour SVT guys. We payed $35 for 2 pulls. I don't think $60 is bad if its for like an hours worth of time. There were 2 supercharged SVT's running 280hp. I had to leave before the supercharged 99' Viper GTS got on the rollers.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I cant wait till g force a shop on my island I live on gets it's dyno, I have always wonderd if my NX is puting down what its suposed to I dont know any other sr20de's to compair it too here.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to say that my brothers 97' VR6 GTI dynoed at 171hp! And Amy from B15sentra.net dynoed her 2001 SE at 126hp with PR intake and Stromung cat back. Her numbers seem kinda low.

[This message has been edited by Soupaflie (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
hey did you see that golf mk IV in SCC that thing is insane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Forgot to say that my brothers 97' VR6 GTI dynoed at 171hp! And Amy from B15sentra.net dynoed her 2001 SE at 126hp with PR intake and Stromung cat back. Her numbers seem kinda low.

[This message has been edited by Soupaflie (edited 09-08-2001).]
</font>

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
I made 138.3hp at 6100 rpms and 128tq at 4900 rpms. Do these numbers jive with my mods? PR CAI, AEBS header, Courtesy catback, Unorthodox 2 pulley set, and the 91 intake cam</font>

I'd like to say that that sounds about right. I put down 146hp with HS CAI, HS g3 Header, UR 2-pulley set, custom 2.25" cat-back exhaust, and JWT s4 cams. You have all of that except you have the 91 cam instead of the S4's...I'm putting down about 8 more hp than you, which is probably around what the S4 makes over the 91 cam in the low-ports.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
I agree with Storm. I put 147.1 hp and 132 lbft with the same mods as Storm but using the S3 cams and 4 pulley set.

I am going to dyno this Tuesday with the C3 cams. I am going for two pulls and no tuning. Cost $75. $60 is an excellent price. But I live in CA, the land of high prices.

</font>
Yep, and Ray Kawski put down 150hp in his '98 with all of the same mods we have, except he had the JWT ECU s3/s4 ECU.

Anyways, definately post your dyno numbers on Tuesday, I'm really anticipating to see what you pull. Your numbers will probably determine whether I decide to get the C-cams or not.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Yep, and Ray Kawski put down 150hp in his '98 with all of the same mods we have, except he had the JWT ECU s3/s4 ECU.</font>
It seems that the 98 SE-Rs respond well to mods after all. I am pretty sure that had I had an ECU and on a dyno with lighter rollers, I would have been close to the 154-155 hp mark with my car.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Anyways, definately post your dyno numbers on Tuesday, I'm really anticipating to see what you pull. Your numbers will probably determine whether I decide to get the C-cams or not.
</font>
Whether the numbers are good or bad, I will post them. All that I know or that I will know about the B14 is or will be posted on my site. I am not one to hoard info. I like to share it

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I agree with Storm. I put 147.1 hp and 132 lbft with the same mods as Storm but using the S3 cams and 4 pulley set.

I am going to dyno this Tuesday with the C3 cams. I am going for two pulls and no tuning. Cost $75. $60 is an excellent price. But I live in CA, the land of high prices.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts