SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys i got some descent mods intake, header, exhaust, 91 cam, JWT ECU. but now i need some more kick to my ride and i have about 1,000 to 1500 to spend. I was thinking of cams, flywheel and pullies. Any other suggestion? Also what is the baddest set of cams i can buy and use for daily driving?

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Just do c-series right away :)

-Josh

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What else do i ahve to get for the c series to work?

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
What generation stillen header is that? If it's a second gen (4-1) you would be wasting your money on other mods if you keep this header as it's a big bottleneck. I'd say get a HS gen 5, pullies and S4 cams

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
200SX SE-R WV said:
What else do i ahve to get for the c series to work?
search!
Freggin springs and ECU.

I also agree with getting rid of the Stillen header. It's just a daily driver gig. Don't buy a Gen 5 hotshot. Waste of money with the new Gen6 coming out if your getting cams. Also, with C series cams get a 3" cat and 3" exhaust. Nuff said, anything else you need...you can find by searching. I also recommed spending a couple of mins EVERY night looking at all the new posts and information. If you just spend the time now, you would have all the answer's you'll ever need if your just putting parts into a car.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Basically what you have now but better. CAI, Gen 6 HS, S4 or S5 cams and ecu program and bigger exhaust piping. You could always keep what you have and get a nice direct port setup or run the JWT nitrous module.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No NOS for me. Thats just a lil burst of power not for daily use. Honestly if I bought the Gen 6 header would it make that big of a difference? Also I would be wasting money changing my exhuast unless i was going turbo. Are the C series cams streetable?

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Yes the GEN 6 makes a lost more power especially with bigger cams like s4s or c series. You wouldnt be wasting your money on the exhaust because if you go with bigger cams and header, bigger piping is optimal. C3 cams are kinda streetable, just have a higher and lopier idle then s4s.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
you are not even trying to search are you. omfg. :rolleyes:

the gen 6 makes way more power. getting cams and a larger exhaust is a must.

c series are freggin streetable. the only thing, you need valve springs. however, i'd recommend s4's. you don't seem like you know much so i wouldn't go into building anything larger. and i doubt you'll spend the time on a dyno to tune the s5's with cam gears.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
you are not even trying to search are you. omfg. :rolleyes:

the gen 6 makes way more power. getting cams and a larger exhaust is a must.

c series are freggin streetable. the only thing, you need valve springs. however, i'd recommend s4's. you don't seem like you know much so i wouldn't go into building anything larger. and i doubt you'll spend the time on a dyno to tune the s5's with cam gears.
mYseRgOesvrOOm: Why don't you chill? McCoy already told him to search... You don't want to be called Harris do you? :tongue:

Funny thing is I agree with mYseRgOesvrOOm's suggestion of looking at the new posts daily...

Back to your topic, there is much more to the DE than throwing on some bolt-ons. It has been found that the right COMBINATION of the right bolt-ons is the key to making good power with the DE... Here's a good article written by Shell Black, on se-r.net: http://www.se-r.net/engine/limit/

Look at these threads also:
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=69914
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=66500
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=64439

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
I stopped 'chill'en after the first 3 times I told him to search in various other threads. Besides, I haven't taken my pill yet today, so I'm naturally still in a bad mood. Blah...I hate freggin pills.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you! Yeah these search Nazis will eventually die off. haha

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey i didn't force you to answer my question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts