SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 4 puck by accident, i wanted the 6 puck, but oh well this holds 308 ft/lbs of torque so im ok, lol. im gonna break my tranny arent i? im only running a jdm motor with some bolt ons and a 75 shot.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Man, what a freaking weirdo. You get all freaked out, saying you got sent the wrong one? your crazy
Just build your motor around your clutch.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Guess you'll have to go turbo. Darn.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i get closer and closer to wanting to do it! turbo that is, just dont have the money for it now.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Umm, I'm kinda confused. Why would you get a clutch that is not intended for street use, and I might add only holds 308 ft.lbs of torque when you could've spent the money and got the NX9-XT00, that holds 323ft.lbs of torque, and is streetable?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i know, if you read the first post, it says i ordered the wrong one, but i havent heard an actual answer yet, that would help me a lot!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
Umm, I'm kinda confused. Why would you get a clutch that is not intended for street use</font>
If you went by that, then you couldn't mod your car at all. Just about every single performance or asthetic part I've ordered for my car has always said on it "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY"......its put there for legal reasons so you don't sue the company if something goes wrong.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I agree about the off road statements. But when it comes to clutches they are pretty honest. Reason being is due to the harsh engagement. If you are worried couldn't you keep the PP and buy a different disc? Sell the other or perhaps see if you could return it. From what I have heard, and read the disc you have is no joke when it engages.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I have the ACT 6-puck and ITS NO JOKE!! I have grown to hate it. It hooks, period not too bad once you get started but it's my daily driver and it gets annoying in town. I have another PP ready to go just gonna use a stock disc so I can get rid of the chatter. Good luck with a 4 puck heheheheh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn, how loud is "the chatter"? can you describe the engagement? how is it different than a good stock clutch? thanks for the help

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazyNXracer:
damn, how loud is "the chatter"? can you describe the engagement? how is it different than a good stock clutch? thanks for the help</font>

LOL....I had to laugh at that one.
Clutch chatter isn't a sound... it's a feeling. Like a shaking at engagement, typically 1st gear. My 98 SE with the stock clutch does it sometimes, not becuase its strong, but because it's a piece of ****. YMV.

The 98's have the:

1. Worst clutch
2. Worst cams
3. Shitty brakes
4. Shitty mounts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Here lemme describe the engaging. Vroooom, screeech.. That pretty much sums it up.

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 06-14-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that ****en sucks! ACT says that the 6 pucks absorb heat and have a smoother engagment, while the 4 puck allows faster shifting but a harsh engagment.

storm, sorry im still learning a lot! lol

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I HAVE A ACT FOUR PUCK AND ACT PRESSURE PLATE IN MY 92 CLASSIC. IT IS A HARSH CLUTCH BUT EASY TO GET USE TO. I DOES CHATTER IF YOU DO NOT REV YOUR CAR SOME DURING ENGAGEMENT. IF YOU DESIDE TO RACE YOUR CAR JUST BECAREFUL AT WHAT RMP YOU DUMP THE CLUTCH. ITS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN ENGAGEMENT SO JUST BECAREFUL, BUT IT IS A INCREDIBLE FEELING WHEN THE CLUTCH ENGAGES AND YOUR CAR JUST JUMPS FORWARD ASKING FOR POWER!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts