SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into work today, and my AD22VF were sitting in a box on my desk.
Opened them up, and AD22VF was stamped on 'em. They do have the mounting brackets, too.

Not sure when I'm going to install them, though. I wanna autocross my car next month at the SCCA National Tour in Meridian. Because of a Nissan loophole, I can probably get away with installing these calipers under the "update/backdate" rule in Street Prepared, but not if I have to grind them down to get my OE SE-R wheels to fit.

So they may be paper weights for awhile. Unless I can find some cheap NX2000 wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Were those the Wagner calipers?
</font>
Yup.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Pat, what did you pay for them total? Rotors too?

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
Pat, what did you pay for them total? Rotors too?
</font>
I paid $133.99 using the discount at http://www.importhookup.com, but I didn't get rotors. I was just gonna get Brembos from Stranos or someplace like that.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Guys,

Last week someone posted that a Carparts rep said the Wagners didn't come with the mounting brackets. I responded that he (Carparts) was wrong. Well, my neighbor just received his, which came with the brackets and now Pat has posted the same, so rest assured everyone, you will get what you need.

Chris Scarpulla
92 SE-R

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Hey, do any of you guys know if the NX2000/B13upgrade will fit the P10 model G20/91 thru 96, I've heard from another Forum member that they might not fit because of the difference in wheel sizes, but I doubt this is the case. Can anyone confirm this. As I mentioned before I have never known the G20 to be excluded from this possible upgrade. I know some may ask why would I want to make this change? Well, the G20 does handle well with decent stock brakes,But the NX2000 has got them beat in my opinion. SOMEBODY!!!!LET ME KNOW!
THANX!
Nigel

95G20t/AUTO

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 01-02-2001).]

·
Registered
160 Posts
importhookup.com will be giving out one more 33% off coupon at carparts.com in the next few days. Go to there website and join there mailing list and they are going to send it out when they find out. Time to order AD22VF brakes that slowSER just got!

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Someone (Bowlcut, I think) posted in another topic that the NX2000 rotors were $45 from Courtesy. What is the magic word I need to use to get that price? I called yesterday and was quoted $55 each.

Matt

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Tell Courtesy you are on the SE-R Mailing list and you get a 25% discount on all OEM Nissan parts.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
That's what I told them. They must have gone up in price. $55 plus $10 each for shipping is not a fantastic deal. For another $10, I can get Brembos here in town. I'll probably go through Carparts.com and use a coupon.

Matt

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I bought my Brembo NX2000 rotors (not slotted or drilled) from Stranoparts.com a few months ago for $50 each. Shipping was about $10 for the set.

Chris Scarpulla 92 SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
rotors are rotors. most the time they come from the same casting places in the north or japan. then the various companies grind them to "spec". i worked at bosch brakeing for a summer in the engineering department. you learn alot bout how brakes are made and such. just because brembro is stamped on the side doesnt mean its that much better than the nissan part. go with whats cheap... the nissan oem is usualy semi cheap and good quality. the brembro's are pretty good and if you can get them cheaper why not get them, if they go bad by warping or whatever you are only out a little bit. as for the drilling or slotting, dont get either unless you are going for looks. if your not using the brakes at their absolute edge of their performance you will gain nothing. drilling will give you a rotor that is more likely to crack and you WILL end up replaceing it earlier.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Guys, I just found a place called Parts Warehouse out in Torrence CA that says they have rotors for the NX2000 for $30 each. I'll call Monday to make sure they are the 257mmX26mm rotors.

Matt

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm a bit confused. I went thru the carparts site and I am having trouble finding what calipers slowSER bought. I know they were wagners. Could someone give me the part number to it. Thanks, appreciate it!

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 01-10-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER:
I'm a bit confused. I went thru the carparts site and I am having trouble finding what calipers slowSER bought. I know they were wagners. Could someone give me the part number to it. Thanks, appreciate it!
</font>
Part # info is in this thread:

http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/000063.html

·
Registered
858 Posts
just got my rotors in and damn they're big and heavy. Just wondering if putting bigger wheels takes some horses ,wouldn't putting heavier/bigger disks take a couple of horses also? just a thought.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts