SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited to get them installed! I put the ecu in at lunch, what a difference. I installed the 91 cam a while ago and the idle was just a tad rough, smooth as silk now. Timing is automatically bumped to 25* I haven't heard any pinging so all is good. I'll post pics of the cam/springs/retainers install within the next 2 weeks or so.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

About the timing, I'm pretty sure you have to mechanically advance your dizzy so you read 25* BASE timing. Your idle is fine now since you have the 91 cam in (after all it's a factory cam ;)), but when those huge C2's go in, the idle will suffer unless you advance your timing to 25*. The ECU then takes care of the rest of the timing curve reading off the base timing.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
You better give me a ride at Gingerman in the spring...

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AntonioG said:
Congrats on the purchase!

About the timing, I'm pretty sure you have to mechanically advance your dizzy so you read 25* BASE timing. Your idle is fine now since you have the 91 cam in (after all it's a factory cam ;)), but when those huge C2's go in, the idle will suffer unless you advance your timing to 25*. The ECU then takes care of the rest of the timing curve reading off the base timing.
I checked it with a timing light, its sitting at 25* right now. I was going to manually do it but when I hooked up the llight it was already there. :confused: I can't wait for a lumpy ass idle.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What happened to the Toda cams???? I was waiting for you to get those with anticipation.:confused:

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kpw97 said:
What happened to the Toda cams???? I was waiting for you to get those with anticipation.:confused:
I waited and waited and waited and nothing. They kept telling me they were stuck in customs. :mad: I just got tired of waiting. :( Sorry to dissapoint.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Nice. I love the lumpy idle.:) Kevin, hit me up on aim, I gotta ask you somethin. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts