SR20 Forum banner

Got my first good race...hehe

434 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PlanoSER 
G
#1 ·
The other day I was cruisin along when I got up next to this Civic SI, and once I knew thats what it was I really wanted to race him. So, I looked over and said, "You wanna give it a go?" He looked at me with his friend in the car and said to me, "HAHAHA...Do you know what kind of car this is, its an SI and it has CAI, header, cat-back, and vtec controller pumpin out 185 or so HP!" I told him that I knew about SIs but I still wanted to race him anyway to see how I would do... So we start revving, and when the light goes I drop it from about 6k and immediately take him by about 1 car off the line. He manages to pull back about 1/2 a car by 65mph or so, and the we slow down. The minute he gets next to me he keeps sayin I have a turbo. I am like WTF?? turbo?? hahahaa...and he flipped me off and jetted off some street. Guess SI drivers cant live with defeat?

------------------
'01 Sentra SE
Place Racing CAI
..and other no HP adding goodies...

#4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SentraPowa:
The other day I was cruisin along when I got up next to this Civic SI, and once I knew thats what it was I really wanted to race him. So, I looked over and said, "You wanna give it a go?" He looked at me with his friend in the car and said to me, "HAHAHA...Do you know what kind of car this is, its an SI and it has CAI, header, cat-back, and vtec controller pumpin out 185 or so HP!" I told him that I knew about SIs but I still wanted to race him anyway to see how I would do... So we start revving, and when the light goes I drop it from about 6k and immediately take him by about 1 car off the line. He manages to pull back about 1/2 a car by 65mph or so, and the we slow down. The minute he gets next to me he keeps sayin I have a turbo. I am like WTF?? turbo?? hahahaa...and he flipped me off and jetted off some street. Guess SI drivers cant live with defeat?

</font>
Dude, I am sooo waiting to line up against one of those new SIs. I'm down here in the springs and they are all over but never have the chance, I keep looking though... nice kill.

Harp
92NX, AEBS Headers, Pop intake, Pullies, Magnaflow muffler, 6500' elevation.

[This message has been edited by mciin1 (edited 07-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mciin1 (edited 07-10-2001).]

#5 ·
He never really hit the bread and butter of the VTEC range. he was just starting to get there. If you stopped at 70 he was an uneducated driver about his car. Call me crazy but 185HP for I/H/E is a bit hight right? Still a good kill, but watch out for them from rolling starts.

You can launch from any RPM if you feather the clutch enough

#8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
Call me crazy but 185HP for I/H/E is a bit hight right? Still a good kill, but watch out for them from rolling starts.
</font>

I'm assuming the dude meant 185hp at the crank. Which still is a bit high. The Si has 160hp at the crank + I/H/E = maybe another 15hp = 175hp. I doubt anymore than that though.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G
#9 ·
Hey maxximtl I wasnt there, I was at a test and tune a week or so ago. Is that what your talkin about? We should meet up sometime, dont get to see many ppl with same car as me.

And, yeah...I dont think the guy was a good driver, he was just trying to be a showoff. I think he could have taken me easily if he was a good driver.

------------------
'01 Sentra SE
5-spd
Place Racing CAI
..and other no HP adding goodies...

#10 ·
hehe good kill kris, see good thing i showed u this page, ure already meeting new car ppl to hang with from ur town

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.