SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving on a 2 lane highway and came up to a stop sign, foot down on the clutch, and the trans was STUCK in 5th. I pull and pull a little more, let clutch back out, then back in, and all was good from then on.

What could have happened that one time to make it stuck? Wasn't a good feeling...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Which car?

I had a similar problem in my '93 XE back a few years ago. THe shifter stuck in like 4th gear and the clutch was stuck also.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
weird;

I've been experiencing weird clutch problems recently, such as;

1)clutch not depressing easily on start up
2)grinding noise when going into reverse
3)transmission sticking in a gear

I've dropped the car off at the dealership and they can't find anything wrong. Then this morning I almost got into an accident, because I went to down-shift, and I couldn't get the car into gear. I then came to a complete stop, and couldn't get the car into 1st for about three minutes.

I'm going to leave the car at the dealership for a few days to see if happens when they drive the car, I'll let you know if they find anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts