SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there have a lower b13..and have some KYB GR2s? hows the ride..do you like it and what not? i would buy some AGX but cant really afford them..just looking for something gas filled and the Gr2s were the next choice

·
JdmRus
591 Posts
i got kyb gr2's on my se-r with eibach prokits.. it rides pretty dam good. i think.. i don't really have a bumpy ride and its pretty smooth...

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats good to hear...worth the buy then...id buy some AGX but to broke for them thanks for the feedback guys

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I also have GR2's with ProKits, going on 2.5 years now. They are fine for a smooth street, but it will bottom out a lot more than I would like. The struts are great, but the springs just are not stiff enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought a new pair to use with my 1st gen Hypercoils. I had them with Sportlines and the ride was horrible...but that's probably because they weren't valved correctly to damp springs as taut as the Sportlines. A friend of mine has H&R's on his car with GR2's and it rides great.
Nick

'91 se-r with nearly every moving part replaced since '02

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have them with gen 1 hypercoils and its a crappy ride. With stock springs they were great. Waiting to get something better. The problem is that I have 200sx wheels with the tires they came with 195/55/15 and when I go around a curb fast the tires hit the fenders. Especially with people in the back seat. I'll be getting new tires soon 205/50/15. Maybe this will help solve the problem, but I just think the hypercoils 1 drop the car too much, especially in the back.

·
Classic is Classy
618 Posts
I have them on my 91 with intrax springs.... its a stiff ride but feels good...., front springs also have a coil cut off them to make it a level drop.... still feels like a good and solid ride....

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
I've got them with Hyperco Gen. 1's. I think they ride pretty well. They might be a little underdamped at times but not very much. I do wish they had the adjustability like the AGX's though but the GR2's came with my car so I can't complain. I don't bottom out very much but I take it really easy over bumps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed a set of GR-2 struts yesterday, along with some stock se-r springs. All i can say is my xe is handling and riding great.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've had the GR2s on since I bought the se-r a few months ago. Thanks to the previous owner. They're good enough for daily driving. Havent hit the track up yet though.

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts
Trinixtc said:
i got kyb gr2's on my se-r with eibach prokits.. it rides pretty dam good. i think.. i don't really have a bumpy ride and its pretty smooth...
A friend of mine had the same set up o his '93. Good ride!

·
Registered
241 Posts
gr-2s are GREAT....btw...sorry again for buying them man. You should have told me or something:(

i say grab em if you find em again. cause they do me great:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
i just bought a set of H&R springs with the GR-2s fo $320.

its my first mod. i cant wait to install them.
estimated date of arrival = April 27th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts