SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What is the best way to get a great launch?
What RPM's should I rev to so I don't get too much wheel spin?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
For a great launch on street tires you DO want wheelspin to get your revs up in the powerband. I've gotten 2.2x 60 foot times by launching at 3500 or so and pretty much dumping it on street tires which is what we should be getting on street tires. There's a little feathering but not a lot. I guess one person's definition of dumping and another's definition of feathering is variable, so basically with a relatively stock car launch at around 3500 as a starting point and play with it from there.

Oh, also drop your front tire pressure to about 20psi and check it after a few runs and make sure it stays down there.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Slip dumps at 4k or the best. Hold 4k and slip it out till it grabs then dump it.(for the track) Start slipping when the last yellow light is lit by the time the green is on youl be moving and kicking some arse. Try your best not to bog. Boggin is a killer. Your better spinning the tires as long as you have no wheel hop. Practice,practice.

Mike

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Actually I liked the RSA's. When you dump the air out of them they hook up pretty good better than the AVS's I have currently. They also make alot of noise so you know if you spinning or not.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you guys are soooooooo lucky. I have to granny it out of the hole and go 3/4 throttle until second gear or I will just blow em off with my 17" rims.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
"First gear spinnnnn(heading twards the wall a bit)...second gear spinnnn(heading twards the center line)... Man is my clutch slipping????na I'm moving to fast .... third gear spinnnnn... (now headed twards the wall again)... Whoa!I better let off a bit" That was my first experince draggin with the AVS's and the turbo,they would spin through the gears silently. Its scarry **** when you fighting to keep the car on the track at 100 or so

Mike 98sentraSE turbo... with msd 50lb/hr injectors and cobra maf sitting in the kitchen....anyone want to lend my $325 so I can get the rail and ECU upgrade to finish the project?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
LOL Mike
that was a nice belly laugh

Damn Mike is really getting ahead of me on the turbo project. Ah, he'll be selling his house and having to pay alimony with the kind of money he's spending soon enough to halt his turbo upgrades

·
_______
3,640 Posts
The wife is covered
I just bought her a 01 Sentra GXE 5 speed. Its real nice I drove it to work and back tonight and I'm a little envious. No squeks,rattles,stiff clutch or pot hole manuvers. Its not super fast but it goes pretty good. Only paid $12,200 witch is a hell of a bargin for all the features it has.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
01 sentra GXE+happy wife

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Silent? There's no silent when the muscle car from the 60's (or maybe 70's) with no muffler and side exhaust lines up next to you. My real complaint with the RSA is trying to use them on the auto-x. No grip while turning and accelerating.

I'm looking at Dunlop SP 5000 205/50 15. Anyone want to comment on them for all-around all-season use?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don't know about the Dunlops but the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71's in that size are in stock for cheap at www.tirerack.com .. I've had great results with those tires. They're discontinued though, so get them while you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts