SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Kojima emailed me and asked me if I'd like to integrate this UBB with SE-R.net since they will be going to a new server so that they have complete admin control over it, as opposed to now where it was free and changes could only be made when the gracious hosting people would do it. So, soon, instead of me getting www.sr20forums.com, it will just become part of SE-R.net.

Sounds cool huh?
No more details than that are available. Since these forums are on Unix they need to make sure they have Unix available or whatever.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
705 Posts
Noice!!!

When might this be takin place, Ben?!

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Ben the forums can run on a NT box. You just have to make sure the NT box has perl installed on it. The b15 forums are actually running off a nt box right now and it works pretty well. So if you need any help once you do try to port over I can help you.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know they can run on NT, just don't know how to port them over. I probably will need your help if that is the case. Thanks

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Hmmm dont think they can be ported over to an NT box. My board I admin is currently on an NT box, think it has been that way the whole time too. But I will ask, we have moved servers like 4 times now. But probaly easier to just do a fresh install with the newest code, we might need to throw down the 170 since it will be on the site now. Just wonder whats going to happen with it and the list. The list going to fizzel out, I hope not. But hehehe all of us old timers have a leg up
we been here longer and already have a title
. It was fun just being our little old selves here tho. Kinda cool that we worked on this for such a long time and finaly getting some reconization. LOL back in the days when Ben, Eric, and I were talking about going together to pay for the full code, back before the convention. Alas the stories that have been going on here, they were fun.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
It also may be time to actualy put some work into the graphics of this site. Make it look a little prettier and customized. When it gets on the site may have to do some of the hacks to...like personal icons, special names to speical people like Larry, Mike K., George, Me, Ben....wait those dont belong there...

But I would do this, alas no artistic capabilites in me
. Who knows, it will be cool Im sure. Like new icons for reply and new topic, stuff like that.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's cool that Mike wants to add it to se-r.net, but I'm with Jason and Kevin, I like it small. With it being on se-r.net, I'm affraid we will get more Honda trolls. Have you seen the guestbook or been in the chat room? It sucks. The B15 BB is too big also, but it serves all the B12-B15 owners. Let's keep it private, but at least have a link to us from se-r.net. I've also been here since the begining, but I registered under a different name since I couldn't remember it(my name)

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 02-20-2001).]

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have to admit I agree with Eric. I have a feeling it will get too big. If there was some way to make it private, like only names that are on the se-r list can register that would be kewl. Or even just allow serca members to get on it.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also what about our "Kill Stories" section? I know the main list is completely against that. Wonder what SE-R.net will think? If they are against it, we are staying separate.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Don't kill the kill stories! I have yet to post any of my spectacular kills.(if I had any) That is one of my favorite posts. I do like the small community, but big might not be so bad.
(my 2cents)

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
I like it just the way it is! I say let them prove themselves 1st. SE-R.NET has failed to keep their site updated in too many areas. What do they propose to do about their current problems. It is true what has been said about the classifieds and their guestbook, also the old and out dated articles that should remain as 1st timer archives but need to be updated as often as possible. With the exception of a newly redesign homepage, It still remains to be an all but totally abandoned website. Ben give this one some deep thought......PLEASE.

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 02-20-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
i must agree with some of you...i like it small...it is not just a big ol wad of info to digest...if it gets bigger, then it would lose its purpose, i think.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

[This message has been edited by forget (edited 02-20-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
OK now I have gone and read the guest book on se-r.net and I would say I dont want this forum to turn into that.

MarC

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree that smaller is better for the forum:
1. Still plenty of info that is digestable.
2. I can actually get to know the members.

Is there some way we can join forces/benefit each other without being "assimilated" by the SE-R.net Borg and/or invaded by the hOnDuH trolls?

CB

T

·
0 Posts
Can we start up a donation for upgrading to the full version of UBB? Or is this the full version?

[This message has been edited by twentyfivecharacters (edited 02-21-2001).]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts