SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....for some reason my stock clutch on my 96 with 91,000 miles is still holding strong. I've pretty much granny drive it around when Im not racing..but this thing has seen many a downshifts, and clutch drops. I've been running Nitrous for the last couple of months..about 5 or 6 bottles full and its still going strong. chirps 1st to 2nd with my 17's NA. and I've even chirped a third to 4th on the freeway with the Nitrous. No slippage..even using the Nitrous in first gear...Clutch is holding it...wierd huh? Anybody else experience a stock clutch holding that well? As for mods..CAI, Stillen 4-1 header, Greddy Exhaust, and the Zex 50 shot. Oh yeah and a BB Intake Cam. Car gets mid to upper 90 mph trap speeds on the nitrous..(won't talk about the 1/4 time..2.5 60fts don't help much..lol) If the stocker can take handle this well..I wonder what the car will do with a aftermarket with more clamping power and bumping the pill to a 75 shot...he,he,he

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobodys gotten that kind of performance outta their stock clutch? Man I must be lucky!

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
you the first owner? maybe its a performance clutch and ya dont know it, but if it is stock, i wish i had that kind of clutch when i got my car!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
My stock clutch is ok. It slip's every once in awhile in the rain if I've been beating on it, but it always comes back.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
1991 NX2000
Original Clutch made it to 126,000 miles and bested a 15.89 1/4 mile with 113,000+ miles on it and bald tires w/exposed steel belts.
Don't ask. I didn't know until I got home that night.
There was no pressure plate left. Only the pop rivets. And they were almost torn through as well. Broke the forks in the tranny and destroyed it. Had to replace the tranny and finally got a new clutch at the same time.

I would suggest you replace the clutch around 100,000 miles just to be on the safe side. I have sold the NX since then and the new owner ran a 15.5 1/4 mile with 128,000+ miles on the odometer, H-rated street tires, and the new clutch and tranny.

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

[This message has been edited by NismoPC (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
Nobodys gotten that kind of performance outta their stock clutch? Man I must be lucky!
</font>
I had to replace my clutch at 125,000, and I know I drive it hard, and I am pretty sure it was driven hard before I had it. When I replaced it, my not so friendly local Speedshop couldnt find a aftermarket clucth, I and I had trouble too. This is before I knew about this site!

------------------
Stock (except for sticky Dunlops 8000's) '91 NX2K

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Does anyone know what this trick is where you put washers in some black plastic thing to solve cluch problems?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
HI

WHAT ABOUT THE LB OF PRECION THAT THE STOCK CLUCH CAN HANDLE,AND CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW MUCH PRECION CAN HANDLE A ATC CLUNCH STAGE ONE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
**** dawg, mine was slipping N/A......

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Registered
269 Posts
my dad and I have SE-Rs

my clutch went about 120k stock

his went 220k stock

He is one hell of a driver

SAM

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Classic SE-R Aztec Red

1991 Classic SE-R --Passed Away When Timing Chain Snapped 360,000 miles --

Valve went right through the piston CRY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts