SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TriniGT
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's thoughts on the Greddy Profec A boost controller? I hear everyone says it's a waste but I would like to give it a shot seeing that I got it for a good price along with some other things. The install seems pretty straight forward but as for the tuning/programming, how hard is it and what problems have been encountered; problems like getting into the programming mode? Let me know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have one and think its pretty damn good especially for the money they sell for second hand im not complaining thats for sure. Holds boost exactly at what you set it to and rock solid no creeping etc etc.

I deff believe people either dont program them when first installed / cant read instructions. Programming them for each car is a MUST. They are certainly not plug and play.

My only advice is read the instructions as they are a little cryptic without them.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Total boost creeping/spiking piece of petrified ****.

Get a Profec B if you can, otherwise an HKS EVC EZ or similiar (I don't even know what's out now). The Profec B Spec II (or whatever it's called) is an overcomplicated pile of steaming ****.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had good luck with them. After an initial program it would hold boost right where it was set with no spike or creep. I have had it on a dsm with a 60-1 and a twin turbo 3000gt. It worked great on both

1 - 5 of 5 Posts