SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were putting an red/back top DET in a 1995 240sx this summer, but were buying misc. parts for it now.

So do any of you know if the GReddy S14 IC kit will work with an S13 engine installed in an S14 body?? I know its kind of a one off question but who knows somebody might know the answer. TIA.

Jason

·
Registered
249 Posts
well the intake manifolds are different so I would say no. Of course all you would have to do is modify the #3 pipe. Here are some pics of a friend of mine's S14 with S14 SR. He runs www.projectsilvia.com

Now here is mine with the S13 motor.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, just buy a silicone L pipe, works pretty good, we did that in a conversion we just finished. kind of a pita, but runs good.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help

Are those GReddy kits in the pics?? I new the manifolds were different but I never realized they were that far off.

I guess it would be easier to just buy an S14 DET but were trying to stay away from the S14 DET because of the lack of parts.

·
RWD Junkie
119 Posts
would it be possible to get the S13 plumbing and the S14 IC? Or is there a drastic difference between the S14 and S13 plumbing?

Could the S13 kit be modified (or the S14 itself) to all it to fit?

Obviously, you can modify the pipes, but if it can be avoided, bonus.

-alex

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
importnut said:
would it be possible to get the S13 plumbing and the S14 IC? Or is there a drastic difference between the S14 and S13 plumbing?

Could the S13 kit be modified (or the S14 itself) to all it to fit?

Obviously, you can modify the pipes, but if it can be avoided, bonus.

-alex
I'm sure you can get it, the stuff is just expensive, and there is a diffrence between the two, so just buy the i/c kit for the car, and modify the pipes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some of you will want to run an aftermarket blowoff valve anyway. In that case, you will have to cut the #3 pipe (pipe going to TB) short and fab up a short pipe with the BOV flange welded to it.

I'm using a PS13 motor, but since I have an S14 I am using the S14 FMIC kit. I also have a GReddy intake manifold so placement of the throttle body more different than that of a stock S13 or S14 SR20 motor.

You know I'm surprised the USDM 240SX still has the hole for the #1 intercooler pipe (compressor to IC)... I have a pic of it but my Photopoint is messed up for some reason.

- Al -

·
Registered
249 Posts
Actually I have the blowoff on the hot pipe. but if your going to modify the #3 pipe then you might as well have this done there while your at it. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update from my original post......

I called blitz today to order the S14 IC kit, he asked me what DET we were planning on using, I told him we were putting an S13 into a S14 chasis.

Then he said that it would be easier just to buy the S13 Blitz LM and just modifiy the IC brackets to fit the S14 chasis. He said the only problem we would run into is that well have to order a custom battery or just relocate it to the trunk.

Then I asked him if he was positive that the S13 kit would fit on an S14 and he said "yes, I did one last week".

So now $1009 later, that problem is solved, now I just have to wait for UPS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts