SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car doesn't make the noise whether I'm coasting (car in neutral) or while in gear, only when I give it gas while it is in gear.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
415 Posts
hmmm....Interesting. You should have a mechanic take it for a drive. They'll probably know what it is right away.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dart64:
My car doesn't make the noise whether I'm coasting (car in neutral) or while in gear, only when I give it gas while it is in gear.

Does this make sense?
</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two problems. If anyone can help, that would be great.

Ok car # 1 ( I have 2 SE-R's). This car is making a a weird GRRRRRR noise when driving. It almost sounds like somethining is grinding, but I can't tell. This only happens while I'm giving the car gas, not when coasting. This started happening about a week ago.

Car #2. I went out the other night and parked the car as usual. When I got to where I was going, I figured I had left something at home, so I had to drive home to get it. No problem, I drove home without any glitches. Well, I run inside, get what I need, and then get back into the car and nothing. I turn the car and nothing. It doesn't turn over or anything. I put my lights on to see if power was somehow lost, but my lights come on. But check this out. When I turn my lights on, all my dash lights come on as usual, but when I go to turn the key with the lights on, all my dash lights go out, but my headlights stay on. WTF? I'm stumped on this because i just had all this electrical work done at Nissan a few months ago; a new alternator, a new negative battery cable, cleaning of the battery terminals. Can anyone please help before I tow it to a mechanic?

Thanks to anyone who can help? Oh, BTW, they are both 91 SE-R's if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My '93 SE-R makes the same noise as your SE-R "#1" does. If i disengage the engine and I just coast, there is no noise. I believe it is the exhaust heat shields vibrating against the pipe. I have already removed one section towards the front of the car, and some of the noise went away. The heat shields rust and become lose.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 06-27-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts