SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To everyone who has Ground Controls, how is the ride compared to Pro Kits? I have 325lb front/ 200 lbs rear springs with AGXs. I'm not going to lower it any lower than the PKs are now because of the N tech brace.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
342 Posts
Eric:
I'm running 300/200. The ride is tight and you can rotate the car well with the wheel weights adjusted or jack the rear for traction. You're going to love it. I would have liked 8-9" springs up front, but it's fine the way it is. The spring bind rumor is B.S.

575/450 is some sick drag car ****
The AGXs can't damper that much spring.
Cheers, Charlie

------------------
98 200SX Superblack, HSG2 CAI GC/KYB ACTSS UR

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I didn't notice much of a change between coil-overs and Pro Kits. Still rattles and crunches like hell.

Hey Se-Racer, those are some serious spring rates -- where do you race?

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I am running 350f/300r. My car rotates nicely. Oversteers on command and works fantastic for STS autocross. The ride is firm but not harsh. I would do this suspension again in a second. After riding in my car I would almost say 300/200 is a bit on the light side for serious driving. IMHO

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear STB's but NO anti-sway bars. I just might have to get that rear sway bar to oversteer. Oh, and the ride is...super firm (in a good way).

-saaby

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Soupaflie, you need to come over to the other side of the state for the Detroit Region season ender. I would very much like a ride in your car, as I plan on getting -two- GC/AGX set ups by the spring.

Off hand, does anyone have any reccomendation on maximum spring rates that AGXs should be asked to handle on a daily basis?

------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Driven97:
Soupaflie, you need to come over to the other side of the state for the Detroit Region season ender. I would very much like a ride in your car, as I plan on getting -two- GC/AGX set ups by the spring.

</font>
When is the event? I have a local event on oct 7th but after that I am free. Matt, are you on the mich serca mailing list?

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear STB's but NO anti-sway bars. I just might have to get that rear sway bar to oversteer. Oh, and the ride is...super firm (in a good way).

-saaby
</font>
Maybe it's the tires, 205/45/16. My car will still understeer but I can snap the rear end out with just a lift of the throttle. Done it to many times on the autocross course. I am running just the front factory swaybar, thats it.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Of course I'm on the MiSER list! Geesh... Western Michigan people... I don't think they have a site quite yet for the ender, it's supposed to be all set by this weekend. Oh, bummer, it's scheduled for the 7th. Hopefully they'll have to postpone it. Your SE-R is Aztec Red, right? If so, I met you at the season ender in Milford maybe two or three years ago.

------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Driven97:
Of course I'm on the MiSER list! Geesh... Western Michigan people... I don't think they have a site quite yet for the ender, it's supposed to be all set by this weekend. Oh, bummer, it's scheduled for the 7th. Hopefully they'll have to postpone it. Your SE-R is Aztec Red, right? If so, I met you at the season ender in Milford maybe two or three years ago.

</font>
Hey, That list is so inactive its crazy. I forget its there until the 1 post a month I see.

Yeah, That was me 2 years ago. It looks like my local event might be postponed so I might still be able to come down.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey, to open the question back up....

did you all order your ground control setups from G C directly, or through a shop? What is a reasonable price for Ground control with AgX's? I have seen it for $819 on

http://www.ground-control.com/

this sounds a lot high... any one know?

thanks
Neeraj

------------------
1994 SE-R red (Cat-back and HS CAI)
2000 Integra R Black (Cat-back and Vtec...that's enough!)
Both: Faster than Driven97
ooooooooooh

[This message has been edited by Vtec (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear
STB's but NO anti-sway bars.</font>
Remove the front STB. Your car will push less.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vtec:

did you all order your ground control setups from G C directly, or through a shop? What is a reasonable price for Ground control with AgX's? I have seen it for $819 on

thanks
Neeraj

</font>
Buy the AGX's from www.p-s-t.com for 389 shipped. I got my GC's from www.sr20development.com for 329-339 can't remember.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by Vtec:

thanks
Neeraj

</font>
Buy the AGX's from www.p-s-t.com for 389 shipped. I got my GC's from www.sr20development.com for 329-339 can't remember.

Does www.P-S-T.com sell the AGX's for the B13 cars even though they aren't listed on the site? Anyone know?

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Does www.P-S-T.com sell the AGX's for the B13 cars even though they aren't listed on the site? Anyone know?

</font>
I do believe they do.
Thanks soup...I was just readin a second post that confirmed that...I'll be ordering those once I get my insurance check!

·
Registered
95 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Thanks soup...I was just readin a second post that confirmed that...I'll be ordering those once I get my insurance check!</font>
true... Thanks... I think I am ordering in January- Febuary time frame.. but I always start looking way in advance to find deals, and to make sure it is what I want...

thanks again.
Neeraj

------------------
1994 SE-R red (Cat-back and HS CAI)
2000 Integra R Black (Cat-back and Vtec...that's enough!)
Both: Faster than Driven97
ooooooooooh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.