SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone who has Ground Controls, how is the ride compared to Pro Kits? I have 325lb front/ 200 lbs rear springs with AGXs. I'm not going to lower it any lower than the PKs are now because of the N tech brace.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Eric:
I'm running 300/200. The ride is tight and you can rotate the car well with the wheel weights adjusted or jack the rear for traction. You're going to love it. I would have liked 8-9" springs up front, but it's fine the way it is. The spring bind rumor is B.S.

575/450 is some sick drag car ****
The AGXs can't damper that much spring.
Cheers, Charlie

------------------
98 200SX Superblack, HSG2 CAI GC/KYB ACTSS UR
 

·
Team Tool
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Same as above

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
I didn't notice much of a change between coil-overs and Pro Kits. Still rattles and crunches like hell.


Hey Se-Racer, those are some serious spring rates -- where do you race?
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
I am running 350f/300r. My car rotates nicely. Oversteers on command and works fantastic for STS autocross. The ride is firm but not harsh. I would do this suspension again in a second. After riding in my car I would almost say 300/200 is a bit on the light side for serious driving. IMHO
 

·
Living up Boost
Joined
·
893 Posts
soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear STB's but NO anti-sway bars. I just might have to get that rear sway bar to oversteer. Oh, and the ride is...super firm (in a good way).

-saaby
 

·
They're just cones!
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Soupaflie, you need to come over to the other side of the state for the Detroit Region season ender. I would very much like a ride in your car, as I plan on getting -two- GC/AGX set ups by the spring.

Off hand, does anyone have any reccomendation on maximum spring rates that AGXs should be asked to handle on a daily basis?



------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Driven97:
Soupaflie, you need to come over to the other side of the state for the Detroit Region season ender. I would very much like a ride in your car, as I plan on getting -two- GC/AGX set ups by the spring.


</font>
When is the event? I have a local event on oct 7th but after that I am free. Matt, are you on the mich serca mailing list?
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear STB's but NO anti-sway bars. I just might have to get that rear sway bar to oversteer. Oh, and the ride is...super firm (in a good way).

-saaby
</font>
Maybe it's the tires, 205/45/16. My car will still understeer but I can snap the rear end out with just a lift of the throttle. Done it to many times on the autocross course. I am running just the front factory swaybar, thats it.
 

·
They're just cones!
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Of course I'm on the MiSER list! Geesh... Western Michigan people... I don't think they have a site quite yet for the ender, it's supposed to be all set by this weekend. Oh, bummer, it's scheduled for the 7th. Hopefully they'll have to postpone it. Your SE-R is Aztec Red, right? If so, I met you at the season ender in Milford maybe two or three years ago.



------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Driven97:
Of course I'm on the MiSER list! Geesh... Western Michigan people... I don't think they have a site quite yet for the ender, it's supposed to be all set by this weekend. Oh, bummer, it's scheduled for the 7th. Hopefully they'll have to postpone it. Your SE-R is Aztec Red, right? If so, I met you at the season ender in Milford maybe two or three years ago.

</font>
Hey, That list is so inactive its crazy. I forget its there until the 1 post a month I see.

Yeah, That was me 2 years ago. It looks like my local event might be postponed so I might still be able to come down.


------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Hey, to open the question back up....

did you all order your ground control setups from G C directly, or through a shop? What is a reasonable price for Ground control with AgX's? I have seen it for $819 on

http://www.ground-control.com/

this sounds a lot high... any one know?

thanks
Neeraj


------------------
1994 SE-R red (Cat-back and HS CAI)
2000 Integra R Black (Cat-back and Vtec...that's enough!)
Both: Faster than Driven97
ooooooooooh

[This message has been edited by Vtec (edited 10-10-2001).]
 

·
employment whiplash, NC
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">soupaflie, I have the same setup...but my car still understeers...I have front and rear
STB's but NO anti-sway bars.</font>
Remove the front STB. Your car will push less.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vtec:
Hey, to open the question back up....

did you all order your ground control setups from G C directly, or through a shop? What is a reasonable price for Ground control with AgX's? I have seen it for $819 on

http://www.ground-control.com/

this sounds a lot high... any one know?

thanks
Neeraj

</font>
Buy the AGX's from www.p-s-t.com for 389 shipped. I got my GC's from www.sr20development.com for 329-339 can't remember.



------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams
 

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by Vtec:
Hey, to open the question back up....

did you all order your ground control setups from G C directly, or through a shop? What is a reasonable price for Ground control with AgX's? I have seen it for $819 on

http://www.ground-control.com/

this sounds a lot high... any one know?

thanks
Neeraj

</font>
Buy the AGX's from www.p-s-t.com for 389 shipped. I got my GC's from www.sr20development.com for 329-339 can't remember.

Does www.P-S-T.com sell the AGX's for the B13 cars even though they aren't listed on the site? Anyone know?



------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!
 

·
Drive it like ya stole it
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Does www.P-S-T.com sell the AGX's for the B13 cars even though they aren't listed on the site? Anyone know?

</font>
I do believe they do.
Thanks soup...I was just readin a second post that confirmed that...I'll be ordering those once I get my insurance check!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Thanks soup...I was just readin a second post that confirmed that...I'll be ordering those once I get my insurance check!</font>
true... Thanks... I think I am ordering in January- Febuary time frame.. but I always start looking way in advance to find deals, and to make sure it is what I want...

thanks again.
Neeraj

------------------
1994 SE-R red (Cat-back and HS CAI)
2000 Integra R Black (Cat-back and Vtec...that's enough!)
Both: Faster than Driven97
ooooooooooh
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top