SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've found the cash to put into my suspention. I'm definately getting AGXs, but I have a couple of questions. First, what's the typical neg camber increase with the pro-kits? I do a good bit of driving in this car and don't want to buy new tires every month =). Also, if purchased separately, how involved is it to fit GCs to the AGX strut? I'm definately leaning towards the GCs, but if I have to pay to have them fitted to the struts I may be over my budget. TIA

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also, if purchased separately, how involved is it to fit GCs to the AGX strut? I'm definately leaning towards the GCs, but if I have to pay to have them fitted to the struts I may be over my budget. TIA

You don't have to pay for the installment of the GC coilovers.... all you need is a dremmel and some anti-rust coating...... the problem i incurred with mine is that the ring at the top of the shock where the piston goes in is to big for the coil over to fit. so you have to grind all 4 down..... MAKE SURE YOU PUT ON THE O-RINGS and put the coil over on the right way.

Other than time, it is not expensive to install all i had was 2 rackets, a couple of sockets and some tape.

Let me know if you need any help
Daniel

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! BTW: where in VA are you?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Don't worry about camber. Until you get to extreme amounts (3+ negative) tire wear really isn't bad. Toe out will tear up your tires in a hurry, though. I've run -2.2 with 0 toe since June and couldn't be happier with tire wear. With the same setting and 1/8" total toe out, I burned up new AVS intermediates in 4 autocrosses.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
GC #'s question

i know this has been asked tooo many times, but i'm still gonna ask. i just got ahold of some GC's and was wondering what the numbers meant.

the front spring reads:
31/99

the rear spring reads:
34/99
GC150.64.53

TIA

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Re: GC #'s question

Stiletto said:
the front spring reads:
31/99

the rear spring reads:
34/99
GC150.64.53

TIA
I do not know what the "31/99" and the "34/99" stand for, but I do know what the other numbers mean.

The first set of numbers stand for the spring's free length, the second number stands for the spring's diameter, and the third number stands for the rate of the spring. So your front springs are 7" long, 2.5" in diameter, and 325in/lbs. The rear spring numbers are in metric. They are 150mm (~6"), 64mm (~2.5"), and 53somesortofmetricmeasurement (IIRC, that's 300in/lbs).

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:cool: thanks! so now i'm gonna further my stupidity rating by asking this: is this adequate for street and drag (which i haven't done yet, but plan on)?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Stiletto said:
:cool: thanks! so now i'm gonna further my stupidity rating by asking this: is this adequate for street and drag (which i haven't done yet, but plan on)?
Yes and I don't know. I have 350f/300r spring rates with AGX's on my B14, and the ride isn't terribly harsh at all; especially when compared to my NX's 450f/375r rates on Koni double-adjustable shortened struts.

I guess for drag, they would be adequate. If you have AGX's or some sort of adjustable dampers, I'd have the rear shocks adjusted to full stiff with the rear tire pressures pumped up quite high to minimize rearward weight transfer (gotta have traction to the drive wheels, ya know!)

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Andrew, how does that combo work for you? I have 325/200 now, but I'm looking at some 325s for the rear. The springs I have now are 7 inch, and the other 325s are 8. Do you think they should go in the front or rear? I have the car about 1/4 inch lower than stock,or 1 inch higher than with ProKits. I also have AGXs.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
eric96ser said:
Do use the O rings. I used the Duct Tape method, and I have 0 noises. Here's how to install GCs.

http://www.sentra.net/solm/september01/suspension.shtml
I concur!
Ducttape is your friend!
wrap it many times with tape, lube it up with antisieze or some grease, and make those collars go on, they never made a peep on my sentra.
good luck
david lau

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
eric96ser said:
Andrew, how does that combo work for you? I have 325/200 now, but I'm looking at some 325s for the rear. The springs I have now are 7 inch, and the other 325s are 8. Do you think they should go in the front or rear? I have the car about 1/4 inch lower than stock,or 1 inch higher than with ProKits. I also have AGXs.
The combo works fine. I haven't autoxed or hotlapped the 200SX for over six months, though. The car still doesn't rotate enough (mainly autox), though I think that is the result of still having the stock front sway bar, no rear bar, no VLSD, and somewhat excessive rear toe-in. On the track, the car handles nicely. Still some slight understeer at the limit, but loves trailbraking, and rotates better than when autoxed. I think the 8" springs should go in the front. It will be too tall in the rear. I have 7" front springs and 6" rear springs right now, and the car is about 3/4" lower than stock.

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
225 Posts
I want to buy gc with Kyb Agx,I want to order the ground control 300f/200r.Do you think it will be good for my car,I use it for daily driving and maybe sometimes for the 1/4 mile.What do you recommended for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the AGX/GC combo mounted and ready to install with new OEM top caps and bearings for B14 200sx. These are bolt in. No grinding. No spring compressor. Unbolt yours and bolt in mine. See the for sale section.
Cheers,
Charlie :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts